Performing Magic in School

Aug 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
grrr...

..dont even get me started on performing card tricks at school X_x...

on halloween, our class had a little party and we could pretty much do whatever we wanted. there was food and stuff and everyone was having a great time, so i thought i might try some card tricks. i performed Distortion for a couple people, and they weren't very impressed. -.-".... anyways, some more people came over and wanted to see it again, so i did it for them. halfway through the trick, someone peeked at the 4 of diamonds and yelled "HEY! he has two 4 of diamonds!!" after that, a couple people just left, but i kept doing the rest of the trick. when i was done, the people who actually stayed just said "you suck" and left.

-.-"

i hate school performances.:(

-Gears.:rolleyes:

Dude... dont worry... at my school, when this whole magic craze started....
people went on youtube and screwed it up for me...
Double Lifts, Pass, colourchanges all dead.
Couldnt use them.
To counter this crap, all i did was start coin magic and then in 6 months everyone forgot about cards and then i began with cards again. Hecklers are everywhere....

Would you beleive my mom is a heckler LOL?! I understand from her behaiviour how to make it harder for school kids to heckle.

Sep 4, 2007
So far i've never had problems with kids/hecklers in my school. In my newspaper class(the class where we write the school newspaper) i have a bunch of varsity football players in it, they happen to be big time hecklers. I guess its just me, because i never have problems with them, their really easy to manipulate(most of my spectators are now) and i get great reactions everytime. My freshman year wasn't the same, i had terrible audience control, but i've gained much experience over the years(everyone does). Its pretty funny actually, i can be walking past one of the football players in the hall, and they'll look at me with thier eyes wide open, stop, and start walking backwards with a smile on thier face's--priceless. My new name is ''The devil", sure its not the happiest of names, but they dont seem to ever call me by my real name haha. School was the hardest enviroment to perform in, but if you build your audience control, and showmanship you can have great performances with great reactions.

-Mago

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
AceofGears- that really sucks. Maybe learn some crowd control. And I'm not saying that to be mean or something, I'm honestly trying to help. Learn to realize that you are in control of the situation, and while you're performing, you, for the most part, control what your spectators do, what they see, and when they see it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results