Pinky power!

Sep 23, 2009
Does anyone know a good source for learning the pinky pullout in detail? It's something that I find difficult to do and I'm trying to find a good resource for it. Thanks.

Difficulties are:

Getting the right leverage if your fingers aren't too long
Keeping the upper packet stable during the pullout
Catching more than one card during the pullout
Proper grip of the pack when doing the move, (which may help with all of the above:))

Thanks,
Peter

Sep 23, 2009
hehe.... pinky pullout sounds dirty

do you mean pinky pull down or the move where you side jog or angle jog a card using your pinky?

Yeah, the pull down. I termed it pullout because the object, (like in DVR and Raise Rise), is to pull the card out.

And you know what they say. If you think it's dirty then you're doing it right!:D

Dec 26, 2009
I know you are asking how to make your pinky pull down better but you can also buckle the bottom card(s) to catch a break above them. This method, IMO, is a ton harder to get an exact number of cards.

Back to the pinky pull down. As far as the grip is concerned, I hold the deck in biddle grip in my right hand as I do a left pinky pull down. If I am counting off more than one card I count them off individually and hold the break with my right thumb that is holding the deck in biddle grip.

Sep 23, 2009
I know you are asking how to make your pinky pull down better but you can also buckle the bottom card(s) to catch a break above them. This method, IMO, is a ton harder to get an exact number of cards.

Back to the pinky pull down. As far as the grip is concerned, I hold the deck in biddle grip in my right hand as I do a left pinky pull down. If I am counting off more than one card I count them off individually and hold the break with my right thumb that is holding the deck in biddle grip.
Hey shindrichs, thanks for replying. Those are good ideas but I think I may have been a bit unclear in my description. And if this is too much exposure let me know and I'll remove it but there's no way to be clear on this without describing the move.

You hold the pack in mechanics grip, (I'm a rightie so I hold it in my left hand), and the pinky riffles down the right hand side of the pack. What I want to do is be able to stop, insert my pinky into the break and contact the bottom card of the top packet and then swing it out to side jog it. The trouble I have with it I described in my original post.

Thanks,
Peter

Dec 26, 2009
OK. So you want a pinky pull out like the one used for the Longitudinal Swivel Steal. If you learn better from video I suggest learning it from Tony Chang's Be Kind Change. If you learn better from books I suggest buying By Forces Unseen by Stephen Minch (Highly Recommended).

The biggest tip I can suggest when it comes to this move is clip your pinky nail shorter than normal. The more flesh you have that contacts the card the more "grip" you will have. If your finger nail comes in contact with the card it will just slide off instead of perform the move as you want it to.

The grip - It goes into further detail in By Forces Unseen and the Be Kind Change explanation but for right now I will tell you if you use the correct grip explained it will fix all of your problems.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results