popular music choices?

Mar 17, 2015
hey everyone, so i just got hired to do magic for birthday parties at a local kids place and i thought itd be cool if i choreographed my magic very nicely to some popular songs, ive made a routine for uptown funk and i heard it through the grape vine. anybody know any songs that would be very popular with kids or parents that would work well with magic. I really want songs that everybody is gonna recognize but will also fit nicely with a magic routine. thanks.

oh and the place is really unprofessional so were not really caring about any copyright stuff haha

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
hey everyone, so i just got hired to do magic for birthday parties at a local kids place and i thought itd be cool if i choreographed my magic very nicely to some popular songs, ive made a routine for uptown funk and i heard it through the grape vine. anybody know any songs that would be very popular with kids or parents that would work well with magic. I really want songs that everybody is gonna recognize but will also fit nicely with a magic routine. thanks.

oh and the place is really unprofessional so were not really caring about any copyright stuff haha

Just because the place is 'unprofessional' doesn't mean you should be unprofessional

If you're getting paid. The right thing to do is either use royalty free music or pay to lattices to copyrighted music.

With that in mind, you know your character, presentation, and set better than we do.

I'd like to help you, but you're going to know what music would be best for you show. I'd check out Soundcloud for music

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013

This is really poor reasoning. What is someone from a very professional organization happens to see this show and wants to book you because they love the "Uptown Funk" routine that you have created which you would have to not use because you haven't been professional about your music choices? Why go to the effort of working out a great piece that you can only use in unprofessional environments?

There is a lot of great royality free music available out there and if you have to use professional music do it properly. This is akin to making an exposure video for something on the wire and saying 'well it wasn't shot professionally so it is okay to break the rules' If you want to be respected as a performer then you need to respect other be they magicians, musicians, dancers, comedians.

If you have been hired always be professional.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results