Possible new release feadback please!

Aug 31, 2012
Hi All,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster and I was wanting some feedback. I have a couple of effects that I have done for a fairly long time now and am thinking of releasing them on the wire but a) I am not 100% that no other magicians have released them in the past and would not like to claim credit where credit is not due and b) while they play very big for me in my regular routines I am uncertain how others might like them.

One effect is a rubber band illusion whereby the magician has the audience members twist a band around all five fingers to demonstrate a challenge. The magician then proceeds to ask the audience member if they wish to participate in a race but the magician will perform the same actions one handed and with the band on the table (or out of the hand) to begin with. Behold the magician completes the twist in a fraction of a second with only one hand and the audience is left dumbfounded. I realise this may sound confusing and could possibly have been done before but it I am fairly sure it is a new twist on it (pardon the pun) and I have searched far and wide to see if this is included in any magic dvd or book to no avail. Does anyone know if anything like this has been published before?

Another effect is a method that allows the magician/mentalist to divine the individual serial number of ANYONES phone without taking off the back cover (standard phones) OR removing the sim card tray from the iPhone (some htc/nokia handsets). This is a high impact mentalism routine as an alternate to a bill serial number prediction and packs a punch when used with a couple of the other mobile phone effects listed on this site.

Please let me know what you think of this and if you think I should proceed with the release of these. There are several more to come but I am refining them before release.

Thanks
Keith

Jan 20, 2009
California
As far as the rubber band trick if it is what i think it is then yes it has been done
and you can find it on Dan Harlan's rubber band DVD vol.3

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results