prom magic

Jul 2, 2015
Hey guys, I'm going to a prom in a few weeks and I have had a bunch of people asking if I'll preform at the dance and at an after party, which I really want to. I've got a few tricks I know I can preform throughout the night like Smoke and French Kiss but I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for good magic (preferably with cards but anything will work) I could do in a crowd scene like prom or the party.

Also, do any of you have advice on preforming in a crowd scene like that? like general crowd control or how to make a good routine for the night? Thanks so much

~Rob

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
I'd recommend looking for tricks with little to no setup and that are fairly visual and easy to follow. Something like an ambitious card routine works well because it is impromptu. It's also easy to understand without a lot of explaining because in louder environments it might be difficult to hear what you're saying.
Some other card tricks you might want to consider:
Hand Sandwich
Two Card Monte
Card to Pocket
Clutch
Biddle Trick
Chicago Opener
I'd say just to make a list of tricks you already do and see which ones fit the criteria of being nearly impromptu and easy to follow. Sometimes I'll carry around duplicates and certain gimmicks like S.T.C that I can use from time to time too so you're not limited to just impromptu tricks. You might want to make three or four routines each including three or four tricks and then rotate between routines as you go to different groups.
Hope that helped!

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Dean pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. You should also look up Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin. It is, in my opinion, the best TnR out there because you can step into the crowd and have them closely watch as you heal the card, and at the end you can hand out the card as a souvenir.

Reactions: Dean Magic
Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
I entirely agree with everything mentioned above, Hand Sandwich and Counterfeit are two of my very favorite effects. I'd also look into a good Ambitious Card routine, it's a classic and for a good reason.

Dresscode is also a fun one to do at public events, it's a great crowd pleaser.

Angle Z by Daniel Madison is another incredible effect, especially if you get creative with where you reveal the corner.

I hope this helps, and best of luck! Remember to have fun with it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results