Propaganda Playing Cards ★ Feel, Finish, & Quality :: Reviewed

Dec 18, 2008
United States
This morning I received a ring at the door. Outside was a UPS delivery man with a box with my name on it. EXCITED! I never get mail. Except today! I rushed inside and opened 'er up. Inside was my order of Split Spades and Propaganda from Friday night.

I have been playing with the Props non-stop all day, and here is my review.

★★★★★ :: THE FEEL : These feel a little bit thinner than normal Tally's - and that's a great thing. They fan PERFECTLY and a single deck has lasted all day with heavy use by my dirty little hands. They have a good, crisp snap to them, which helps with flourishing and manipulation. Not too thin, but definitely thinner than the normal theory11 playing card feel (Centurions / Guardians). The finish is slick, but not too slippery. I was able to fan them and handle them perfectly right out of the box, without breaking them in at all. They fan evenly and very smoothly, and they faro easily.

★★★★★ :: THE LOOK : SO frickin' badass! The Joker is my personal fav, but the back design just screams hardcore. Very industrial, and when I showed my friend the first thing he said was "holy smokes! what are those?!" Like they say on the product details page, it's not a dark, mysterious deck like the Guardians and Centurions, but the look is still really industrial and has a relally different style to it.

The back design is a canvasy color, kind of like a mild beige. The Ace is really intricate and matches the aesthetic of the deck. The court cards are much like the Centurions / Guardians except with a little darker shade of red. They don't have any yellow on them, which is a GOOD thing.

THE BOX : It's hard to tellin the pictures, but the box is slightly distressed (grunged up) and is without a doubt my favorite part of the whole deck.

All in all:

THE FEEL : 9.5 / 10 (perfection is impossible)
THE LOOK / STYLE : 9 / 10
THE BOX : 11 / 10

OVERALL : ★★★★★ / 5 Stars / 5

Highly highly recommended. GO GET 'EM!

jeff

Jun 10, 2008
Keene, TX
These cards are thinner than Guardians and Centurions? That was pretty much the only thing that bothered me of those cards. I am so glad that Props are thinner.

Dec 18, 2008
United States
Why are there so many Propaganda reviews in the forums and none where they belong, on the propaganda product page?

Just posted my review on the product page. Coolio. Izzy, yeah - they're definitely thinner (by about one card's thickness) than the Centurions and Guardians. Much better - perfection!

jeff

Dec 18, 2008
United States
These cards are thinner than Guardians and Centurions? That was pretty much the only thing that bothered me of those cards. I am so glad that Props are thinner.

Just took a closer look, and the deck is about one and a half cards thinner than my deck of Centurions. Not too much, but it's definitely noticeably thinner when it's in your hands.

jeff

Aug 23, 2008
Very nice review. Interesting note about the thickness; it does appear to be about one card thinner than my Centurions are. I dig.

FRank

Dec 12, 2008
I have a quick question, would you guys chose these over Centurions? I'm am gonna buy either Centurions or these after Christmas.

May 9, 2008
These are, WITHOUT A DOUBT, much better than Centurions. As much as I like Centurions, I would choose Props over Cents any day. They feel much better than Cents, and in my opinion look cooler. Propagandas are definitely the best deck made by Theory11.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results