Quality of coins ?

Apr 11, 2022
Thankyou for the reply, perhaps I need to be a bit more specific. I am speaking about manufactured/milled 'gaff coins'. Case in point:
I have had some shells which easily go out of round when you place them your pocket for a bit, Scotch & Soda which exhibits a LOUD click. Some gaff coins which when viewed from the side are easily discerned as 'gaff' etc.
I am referring to the quality of the 'gaff', Durability, Detectable, Examinable, Ease of use.
Terence

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
That response looks like it was written by a bot.

I like Johnson for the price, but I have found higher quality with other manufacturers. Though I haven't actually tried Schoolcraft, but plan to next as I am also seeking the benefits of high precision. Worth the money? It depends on how much money you have, but if you care enough ask here then likely yes.

Check out Roy Kueppers as well. I was happier with this than the last Johnson product I got. There is still room for higher precision here as well, but that would understandably cost more. I have Johnson, Kueppers and Lassen coins. I think they are all worth their respective price points and believe Schoolcraft likely is as well. I plan to keep buying from Kueppers and also get some Schoolcraft. I'll probably get silver from Schoolcraft and more modern coins from Kueppers, but that is based as much on their selections of products as it is on perceived quality.

Apr 11, 2022
David, Thank you, LOL, I am not a bot, just an old computer data analyst..retired thank god... I have been searching around the Webb for opinions and it appears that there appears NO perfect consensus. It seems that the Higher end coins achieve better result, but than again anyone can get a bad apple. II have been impressed with 'Split Focus', a few issues with it, but it has GREAT potential. I specifically have been looking for a Gravity Flipper. half dollar or dollar, I see Tango a great deal and I also see Schoolcraft. Johnson site has been down for a couple days now.
Anyone with suggestions or recommendations? I worry about band breakage.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
No, I was referring to the previous response which has now been deleted because apparently the moderator thought the same thing.

Don't worry about band breakage, it will happen anyway! Product should come with extras, replace them proactively. Kueppers sells packs of 25 for $4.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results