Rare Playing Cards( and question about the Red Madison Dealers)

Feb 17, 2017
Does anyone know of any deck of cards that will go up in price? And will the red madison dealers ever increase in price?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Most decks stay relatively the same price, luxury decks (E, TXI, Kickstarter, etc.) go for $10, sometimes $15.

Some super limited decks will go up in price if their will never be a reprint or a v2. Take the Rome Caesar and Augustus playing cards for example. They were $10 each, but they're going for about $15 now on Ebay. Also, launch edition special decks o up a lpt. Mint Limited Edition (Backers got it, the black and gold borderless one) is being sold for $100 - $500, The Virtuoso Limited Launch edition (the red and black one) is selling for $200.

May I ask why?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It's a collector market - so it can be very difficult to guess which decks will go up in value.

I think Madison may have flooded the market too much for his decks to go for higher prices. Particularly the designs that were not limited from the get-go. Those will probably stick to around 15 to maybe 30 a deck if you're lucky and stumble onto a hardcore Madison collector. Give it a few months, though, because E is still selling the last remaining stock of those.

Playing cards are not an investment. The amount you'd have to hoard in order to make a significant amount off of them is not really feasible unless you're really lucky, really good at guessing which ones will be valuable, or a retail store.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Maybe? He has mentioned other versions. Which means you may find folks who are trying to "complete the set" and will be willing to pay a bit more for that when the time comes.

I wouldn't bank on it, though.

Nov 12, 2016
Maybe? He has mentioned other versions. Which means you may find folks who are trying to "complete the set" and will be willing to pay a bit more for that when the time comes.

I wouldn't bank on it, though.
Because I have a deck of hellions wonder if they'll go up in price

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Right. Well, as I said - your best bet is to wait until any and all versions have been released and hope you can find someone who will want to complete the set.

I say I wouldn't bank on it, though, because it's really a gamble whether any deck will actually go up in worth above maybe $25.

The most I have sold a limited deck for was about $75, I think, and that was near Christmas.

Nov 12, 2016
Right. Well, as I said - your best bet is to wait until any and all versions have been released and hope you can find someone who will want to complete the set.

I say I wouldn't bank on it, though, because it's really a gamble whether any deck will actually go up in worth above maybe $25.

The most I have sold a limited deck for was about $75, I think, and that was near Christmas.
Since the Hellions are a limited run (2,500 Decks & are sold out) let's imagine for a moment that they do go up in price, again let's say to the $70 - $90 range would a release of Hellions V2 affect that price and would that effect be positive or negative?
Also, are the White Lions Series A rare / worth alot?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Predicting the way that the market will do with any investment is incredibly difficult to do, that's why when someone like Warren Buffet manages to make money we pay attention.

There are things to pay attention to but I don't know if you can ever say definitively how much the market will value any product over time.

The case in point is the Jerry's Nuggets. I don't know anyone that could have predicted that this deck would be worth so much right now, especially when it was available for so cheap in the first place.

Sep 14, 2016
Personally, I scooped up what I could of the Version 1 Madison/Ramsay Knights.

With Ramsay leaving Ellusionist, maybe that second run of Knights might not happen. I don't really know. Either way, I see them selling in eBay for close to $30 a deck right now. Hoping to sell a couple just to pay for the ones I want to use :)

I also bought one deck of Red Artifice from Ellusionist. I've never paid that much for one deck, but I'm sure there's someone out there that will want it. Should be here tomorrow :)

Mar 2, 2016
United States
Personally, I scooped up what I could of the Version 1 Madison/Ramsay Knights.

With Ramsay leaving Ellusionist, maybe that second run of Knights might not happen. I don't really know. Either way, I see them selling in eBay for close to $30 a deck right now. Hoping to sell a couple just to pay for the ones I want to use :)

I also bought one deck of Red Artifice from Ellusionist. I've never paid that much for one deck, but I'm sure there's someone out there that will want it. Should be here tomorrow :)

Really wish I didn't open up the plastic wrap on my knights! I didn't think they'd now be a limited run!

Nov 12, 2016
Knights are not limited. They'll be back in stock any day.

Sorry. No you didn't.
You are right they are not a limited run, but the V1's are sold out. They won't be coming back in stock. I think you are referring to the V2's they plan to bring out.

Sep 14, 2016
Knights are not limited. They'll be back in stock any day.

Sorry. No you didn't.

Hmm...I'm not sure why you apologized! But apology accepted. I knew what I was getting myself into ;)

Now I have a deck of Hellions. The design is fantastic, but not my favorite handling deck be a long shot.

I'm curious to know how anyone knows if the Knights are absolutely going to be reprinted...

Nov 12, 2016
Hmm...I'm not sure why you apologized! But apology accepted. I knew what I was getting myself into ;)

Now I have a deck of Hellions. The design is fantastic, but not my favorite handling deck be a long shot.

I'm curious to know how anyone knows if the Knights are absolutely going to be reprinted...
How many decks of hellions do you have?

Sep 14, 2016
Sorry, it took me a little time to get back here lol.

I only bought one, and over the phone E offered to sell me as many as I want, but I was broke at that point. I called back in 2 weeks to hopefully buy more, but they said that primo was a one time only deal :(

They really are sick cards, it's definitely not just hype.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
They are good cards. But then, most custom decks on the market currently are roughly the same quality - there's only a small amount of variation, really.

To address a previous post - Knights are back in stock by this point and they just released Red Knights.

Sep 14, 2016
I'm a giant E fan, follow everything card related by them. Even though they were reprinted this year, the first printing has some collectible value, at least to me. It was the last release by Ramsay while he actually still worked for E. I have one deck left that's sealed I'll save forevers. Those red versions tho! Damn!

I think USPCC is at the point where they can finally apply some of the community's feedback. We can see it with decks like Chainless and Flying Machines, for example. For USPCC-produced decks, those feel the closest to a crisp Ohio deck that I've found.

But still...the Hellions feel different, they even smell different lol. To me at least!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results