Rarest Magic Product you own?

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
So the other day I received my gold Artisan and thus completing my Holy Trinity of Gold Theory11 decks. As you can see here.
This got me thinking about rare magic products. Now, you may recall I have a tiny collection of Autographed magic books. Including A mark Wilsons complete course in magic hat can be seen here as well as an autographed copy of the magic of Michael Ammar with a signature literally older than me (Its dated 1997).

This fascination probably stems from my love of collecting. That is thanks in part to watching Pawn Stars with my now Late grandmother when I was a child. this includes one of my favorite segments in which Rick desperately attempts to lowball an extremely rare Houdini Escape jacket after it is Authenticated.
HOWEVER extremely recently Pawn Stars' Magic expert Murray appeared along side Rebecca( the most beloved Pawn Stars Expert by the fans) as they team up to price an Annotated first edition copy of Expert at the card Table (some obscure magic book or something). This is easily one of my favorite segments in the shows history
It was just so fun to here laymen try to also answer WHO WAS ERDNASE?

There we go I think i rambled about Magic products long enough. I'm just extremely curious what do you guys have? Anything rare or obscure?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I try not to give in to my collecting habits much, but I do own a 1930s reprint of The Discoverie of Witchcraft.

I also have some older hypnosis manuals from the early 1900s, but they were likely mass produced so I'm not sure how rare they actually are.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
So the other day I received my gold Artisan and thus completing my Holy Trinity of Gold Theory11 decks. As you can see here.
This got me thinking about rare magic products. Now, you may recall I have a tiny collection of Autographed magic books. Including A mark Wilsons complete course in magic hat can be seen here as well as an autographed copy of the magic of Michael Ammar with a signature literally older than me (Its dated 1997).

This fascination probably stems from my love of collecting. That is thanks in part to watching Pawn Stars with my now Late grandmother when I was a child. this includes one of my favorite segments in which Rick desperately attempts to lowball an extremely rare Houdini Escape jacket after it is Authenticated.
HOWEVER extremely recently Pawn Stars' Magic expert Murray appeared along side Rebecca( the most beloved Pawn Stars Expert by the fans) as they team up to price an Annotated first edition copy of Expert at the card Table (some obscure magic book or something). This is easily one of my favorite segments in the shows history
It was just so fun to here laymen try to also answer WHO WAS ERDNASE?

There we go I think i rambled about Magic products long enough. I'm just extremely curious what do you guys have? Anything rare or obscure?

The rarest thing I own is a Signed Copy of The Expert at the Card Table. One of my most memorable moments on the forums.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
First thing that comes to my head from my collection currently is my copy of Sonata by Juan Tamariz, along with a booklet specifically on the TPC. There might be something more rare in my stash like the original Monarch deck, but as far as magic is concerned I think that remains the rarest. I haven't been able to find a copy for sale in a VERY long time, and I'm not even sure what I could get for it should I decide to part ways with it.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Mine is a Dan & Dave private reserve deck that came as a mystery bonus gift with an order a few years ago. For magic specific hardware probably a Todd Lassen Triple Threat Gravity Flipper.

Reactions: timsilva
Mar 17, 2020
I have a hand written paper from the notebooks of Jay Sankey. The notes are his creation called “In a Flash”. The paper is only been looked at once and will eventually go between two pieces of glass and hung up on the wall so it can be viewed from both sides.
I also have an autographed poster of Lance Burton number 1295 of 5000.
As I have a poster autographed by Kevin James with the thank you note for helping him distribute posters for a show in Jonesville.
My old book on Houdini owned by a famous author a few years after Houdini’s death is pretty cool... this should be no.1 :)

Reactions: timsilva

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I've never been a "good" collector, per se. I only like getting what I'm going to use--kills resale value, but I don't really mind. I mean, I tried collecting Hot Wheels cars for a long time and I ended up donating them because I didn't like the idea of "a museum only I'll appreciate".

I get a lot more mileage out of magic--especially prop magic. So, Tenyo prop magic ahoy.

The rarest Tenyo I currently have are:

- Big Mac Cubio
- Tiny Rings

The Big Mac Cubio was a variant of their older tricks, Cubio and SuperCubio, and was released as a McDonalds promo in Japan in 1998 (along with 2 other tricks: Sponge Fries and a "Menu Mentalism" card trick). I don't know of it's value now (I got it 5 years ago, new in package for $125), but I haven't seen one sold anywhere in years.

The Tiny Rings (same size rings as Dragonfly Rings) were only sold in Tenyo dealer shops in 1999. They rarely ever pop up and the rings are really good quality. The routine alone is worth it. The last one I have seen sold was the one I got over 2-3 years ago.

I used to have a packet trick that goes for about $70-$80, but I sold it a long time ago because it's obscenely difficult to perform outside of a Youtube video setting.

PeterC9

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2017
I have a few...but the one I like best is the Tenyo Magic Paddle Set...along with a few other older Tenyo products...reserve my collecting to...of course Tenyo..Magic Collectables and Magic Wagon....and the odd limited edition books of the last few years...oh well at least my children will have something to sell when I am in the ether out there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results