Ring Magic Resources

Bryson G.

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
With all the new ring magic effects (i.e. Divorce by Justin Miller, Circuit by Zachary Heath, and Reflex by Patrick Kun) I've been trying to expand my knowledge of ring sleights and tricks. However so far the only other ring resources I've found are The Ring Thing by Garret Thomas and De'Ring by De'vo and would like to know some other resources, maybe books, on ring magic. Does anyone have any? I have "created" some ring transfers and appearances and disappearances, but they are so simple I'm sure they can't be original, but I can't find many ring sleight resources at all. Thanks.

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
Close-up Magic Secrets by Jim Tyler has a fantastic ring and string routine in it and being a dover book it is cheap as well.

Jun 13, 2013
Hampton Roads, VA
I would imagine that a lot of the sleights that are effective with coins would be effective with rings as well, but I don't really do ring magic so I could be mistaken on that. Jay Sankey's Anytime Anywhere DVD has a few ring effects, and I think his street magic dvd has some too. Easy Hand Illusions, a DVD by Magic Makers, has a lot of more beginner sleight of hand stuff but it does have a whole section on rings. Like I said earlier though I'm not really into ring magic so the relative originality or complexity of these effects I don't really know haha

Apr 20, 2013
Wayne Houchin's Art of Magic has a "Ring and String" trick. It is not purely ring sleights but it is a good ring magic, especially with the fact that we can borrow anyone's ring for the trick.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I would imagine that a lot of the sleights that are effective with coins would be effective with rings as well, but I don't really do ring magic so I could be mistaken on that. Jay Sankey's Anytime Anywhere DVD has a few ring effects, and I think his street magic dvd has some too. Easy Hand Illusions, a DVD by Magic Makers, has a lot of more beginner sleight of hand stuff but it does have a whole section on rings. Like I said earlier though I'm not really into ring magic so the relative originality or complexity of these effects I don't really know haha

Coins and Thimbles!

The great Shamada once drove me crazy at the Magic Castle telling me a story about his dragon ring and in the telling of the tale had it walking all over this hands & fingers. Hiru was a master at thimble work which is what he credits the ring routine to.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I know this sounds like a shameless plug but my mentor has two great Ring Routines using rubberbands on the Wire. Lift Off & Twistration is one download and the other is called Ringnature.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results