Ring Magic Routines

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas, Divorce by Justin Miller, Pantheon by Peter McKinnon, and a couple moves I created myself (that have undoubtedly been created previously, I'm sure).

I also recommend Aeon by Benjamin Mei, and The Circle by Nadav.

Also note - a lot of coin sleights can also be applied to rings.

Jun 23, 2021
oo interesting. Do you have a video of your routine?

I've searched the internet and can't seem to find anyone doing ring routines. Mostly just single products.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I do not, no. I really only do sleight of hand for myself for fun these days, and I don't record it. My shows involve almost no sleight of hand, and because of how I sell myself, it wouldn't really work to put displays of such skills up anywhere, so there's no point in recording it.

As for the lack of other videos - I suppose rings are not super easy to record. They're kind of small, so they only work close up. As soon as you are more than a few feet away the audience can't see what's happening clearly. Translating that to video, if the camera is close enough to clearly see the ring, you lose a lot of misdirection and/or angle options. Most ring routines I've seen filmed are so close all you can see is the hands.

Jun 3, 2020
I've been using a combination of Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas with a move or two from Mike Closes Workers (vol 2 I think, maybe 1), and a kicker with Flite by Steve Thompson.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results