Rope Magic

T

T-REX

I wanted to learn rope magic.
I found some routines in Mark Wilson's complete course in magic, but I wanted to know if there are some books specifically for rope magic, eg: something like the royal road to rope magic:p, that can help me with everything rope?

T

T-REX

Can I find the classics in here?
(Sorry I am a newbie)
and btw how do you get to know so much?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
One additional thought --- it is worth getting "magician's rope" from a magic shop. It is easier to work with than rope you get from a store.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
What exactly makes magician's rope easier to work with?

The main thing is that the the outside of the rope and the core should be cotton. Other ropes have different cores and outer materials. The cotton makes it easier to cut when performing and the cotton core lets it drape (hang) down nicely. Also, you are less likely to get rope burn when pulling it across your hands. With cotton ropes you need to either tape (with electrical tape the comes in lots of colors) the ends or dip the ends in Elmer's rule. For synthetic ropes you can fuse the ends by warming them with a lighter (avoiding lighting them on fire) - DON'T do that with a cotton rope or other ropes made from natural materials. Check out the reviews of different ropes on magic websites when buying. I forget what brand I have, so I can't make a specific recommendation.

Jan 4, 2021
EXACTLY! Magicians rope is amazing!
I go through Baronian Trading Company https://www.baroniantrading.com/shop
I use the BTC-4 and I buy the 100 meter roll, but that's not necessary.

However for practice and learning Cut and Restored stuff cotton clothesline from a hardware store is acceptable. It won't look as good, it won't handle as well, but it will be less expensive.

For some of the "ring on rope" or other rope manipulations outside of Cut and Restored Nylon ropes might work better (for some of Flips routines for example).
But nylon in my experience simply is terrible for C&R rope stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results