S.C.A.R.E.D Trick - By Tadiko

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
For those of you still concerned about touching the deck for an effect such as this... The following was one of my first thoughts for justification of holding the deck.

Basically you turn it into more of a psychological demonstration of ideomotor movement or muscle reading if you really want to push it. (for those of you who don't know what ideomotor movement is... wikipedia is your friend :))

I would get the spectator to hold me by the forearm, somewhere higher up and patter about how psychologically they know where there card is and through either muscle reading or ideomotor movement, by willing themselves to cut to their card, they will make me cut to it.

~~~~~~~~

Of course, then you get into the fact that it's not so much a haunted deck anymore, which is where you can play into the magical side, combining the spectator's psychological followingness, and getting them to send energy down your arm and into the deck, with you being the medium for the energy to control it. Not only does this make the effect more haunted/magical, but gives you reason for holding the deck by the ends, to control it and stop it flying all around the room like some kind of crazy pasteboard invasion.

Just some food for thought there, :)
- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results