Sandwich/Transpo Effect

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Hi, tell me what you think about this effect.

"I knew some "tricks" and sleights and put this effect togehter, tell me what you think. Credits and inspiration for that goes to Chris Kenner, Daniel Madison and Dan and Dave Buck. Cheers."

I've done this twice for spectators and their recations was good. :)

http://www.vimeo.com/1572975

- Marcus

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
The effect itself was very nice - can you draw more attention away from your hands when you get ready for lifts though? Aside from that, the construction of the actual effect was nice, it's simple and looks nice. Although on the subject of looking nice... As I suspected, S & M look terrible on video.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I love that premise, and I have a few ideas working for the same plot as well. Your method is nothing new, but it still looks great to a spectator. As for the Smoke Deck, I think it looked alright!

David

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Ok, maybe I exaggerated in saying it was terrible - it's not nearly as good looking as in person though, it's an average looking deck compared to others on video. Oh yes that is another thing I forgot to mention - I'm sure you realise the method isn't revolutionary. But, as I hinted at, it looks good and is simple - great for laymen.

Apr 28, 2008
It's a nice effect, it's quite similar to Deja Vu by Dan and Dave. I think this version would make more sense to laymen as it only uses a single selection

Your card handling looks pretty good but you need to work on covering getting breaks more, an observant spectator may see it.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
The effect is good, but there didn't seem to be much of an 'involvement' with the effect, and no real entertainment value. I am not crapping on your cornflakes, I'm just offering constructive criticism!

CL

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
It was alright but it needs something. I don't know, it could be having the queen transpose from in between the red to the black aces while they're on the table or at the end pick up the queen and change it into a red and black ace and then reveal on the table the remaining red ace is sandwiched between 2 black queens and the remaining black ace is sandwiched between the 2 red queens. It needs a kicker of some sort basically.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Hey thanks for the great response guys! I agree with some of you, maybe it's now the funniest thing to watch, and I maybe can add something extra to it. Yeah, someone also mentioned that it was inspired by Dan and Dave, and that's true (transpositions and deja vu). One the getting break thing, I know it was not the great get ready thing but I won't do that on the real people performance. :)

- Marcus

the effect is great, i like it very much, although in real life you should create much misdirection, on camera, a magician can easily figureout what you did, if you have seen dan and dave and daniel madison's tutorials lol, but not a bad performance, keep up the good work =]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results