Satisfaction Guaranteed - Presentation!

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Guys
lately i have tried a lot of different presenatations for DG's satisfaction guaranteed and i think i finally nailed it !! Although it is a more formal effect i wanted to use it in the streets.::

While i am out with my friends i casually sit at a place with lots of people and after i pick my targets i approach the group saying sth along these lines:
"hallo ladies/guys/whatever i am George what's your name? - Tina - Nice to meet you Tina . Can you see these guys at the corner they are my friends ..." joke about my friends
"you see for a while now i have been performing magic with cards and they always thought i was using a gimmicked deck or sth so they gave me this brand new deck and even put a bet that i wouldnt be able to do anything with it. So are you willing to help me prove them wrong?"
guess what they say yes most of the time
" you wouldnt mind acting a little bit ? no? great then. " I bring out the cards and i usually perform this with a cutsom deck [because everyne suspects that they are not normall for some reason] so i make a comment like:: hmm i havent seen these before
Showtime: have them select a card and once they see the double backer act confused . i then show that the deck has only double backed cards and act completely baffled.then i act as if i understood what happened i look at my friends i turn to the spectator and usually say sth like ....."bastards.that's why they gave this to me . You know what i really want prove them wrong so lets act as if nothing happened . If you were to pick a card what would it be?"-7 of hearts- " great i'll take your 7 [thats how i refer to the double backer at this point] and place it somewhere in the deck. i only need to snap and the card jumps to the top. " at which point they may act surprised or not[remember the card are all the same and without faces]-it doesn't really matter .take their card and leave it aside : '' ok you are clearly not impressed. Here lets try this just touch the backs of 4 cards" once they've done so i take them and show that they are all double backers again." hold out your hand for me " i put them in their hands and they turn to aces. REACTIoN!!
"lets make some noise now so that my buddies can hear us shall we?" i {print} the deck as i ribbon spread showing all the cards are now normal and let that sink in. Usually they do make noise at this point which gets them in a better mood and also gets more people interested. " oh wait we forgot your card.....ummm what was it once again .oh yeah the 7. ok watch that...ummm weird card as i put in between your hands ." magic gesture " hmm it didnt work concetrate harder. Take a look.
................................KILLER!!!!!!!.............................

i just love effects where you lower the audiences ecpectations and then kill them with sth like that.

Also you can leave some parts of the presenattin-apprach i use out if you think it is way too lng but i fund it works wonders for me.

P.S.:: Sorry for any possible bad use of english . i am Greek
P.S.2:: if i am interested in one of these girls or if i am just in the mood for doing so i leave the deck there so that they make sure it is not a trick deck and go to my friends and supposedly take the money from the bet [In fact i gave them the money before hand]. Now i go back and thank them and say that i dont like beeing greedy and i offer to get them a couple of beers or whatever seems appropriate. Just an option

have fun and tell me your opinion

George

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I actually created an impromptu version of this and have gotten killer reactions with it.

This is my new opener, I love this effect.

V.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
I actually created an impromptu version of this and have gotten killer reactions with it.

This is my new opener, I love this effect.

V.

an impromptu one huh? i had created one also a while back but i decided to stick with DG's method. After all with my presentation i have actually sometimes asked the spectator if he could give the deck back to my friends to "prove myself " sort of. i cant describe it but I create a connection between the spectators and myself so that they feel they are on the same "team" with me so i can actually see them feeling great giving the deck back to my friends [my friends are stooges of course hehe] and watching them scan through it in disbelief. And i have an opportunity to bring out another deck.

I have really put a lot of thought in Satisfaction Guaranteed

George

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results