Saturday Night Contest - About Face

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you are all having a great start to the weekend! Tonight's contest is inspired by this most recent photo we posted on our Instagram. Not only is it the Ace of Hearts of our newest deck (coming soon!), this deck has one of my personal favorite face designs we've ever done. We are so excited to be able to show more soon, but for now, let's get onto the contest!

Your challenge is to take a picture of the card that has your favorite face design. It can be a face card (court card), a spot card, or a Joker. We want to see the face of the card that you feel has the best design overall. Not only that, we want you to try and match the feel of the design in your surroundings and background of the image. Colors (even black and white), setting, lighting, and composition will play a factor in the judging process. We are looking for the photo that best overall showcases the criteria listed.

Post your photo to Instagram and then post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm ET tomorrow, Sunday, October 8th. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Points, and 6 Decks of ANY in stock deck in our store that features fully custom faces.

Good luck!

Aug 16, 2016
Hey guys here is my submission. i tried to make something that was alright with the rarebit king of clubs. Enjoy!

Attachments

• snc october 8db.jpg
    snc october 8db.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
Hmm..I'm not sure , I think he said face cards so i think this limits us to the realm of court cards and aces only?? Not sure. Nice card collection btw. I have about 100 in my collection.... need to get going. Good luck.
Face card can be court or spot cards, so Ace through King. Wanted to know if a gaff face card would be acceptable as I have a pretty awesome idea for one. I'll wait for their reply.
Thanks man, it's taken a good few years to build it up, I'm starting to unload some, however.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Face card can be court or spot cards, so Ace through King. Wanted to know if a gaff face card would be acceptable as I have a pretty awesome idea for one. I'll wait for their reply.
Thanks man, it's taken a good few years to build it up, I'm starting to unload some, however.

Yeah, but generally face card is used to reference the court cards whereas pip or spots refer to the number cards.... It gets historical , technical and ugly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_card

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results