Saturday Night Contest - Cardistry Jam!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Yesterday I was watching a podcast from Kevin Ho called Cardistry Lore and More, and it was such a blast from the past hearing a lot of old stories and anecdotes about the cardistry scene at its infancy, what it's evolved into today, and where it's going in the future. I remember being a member of these very forums back in the day and experiencing the evolution of this artform, and that's a time in my life I'll never forget. It was a time where cards were FUN, and practicing for hours a day was something that was always rewarding in some capacity.

It's been a while since we've held a cardistry themed contest, so let's make it super fun and simple. Your challenge is to perform your favorite cardistry move. Simple as that. If you know only one move (it can be super simple, as well!), show us! It doesn't matter the skill level of the move you show us, nor does it matter how cleanly you perform it - we just want to see some cards in action! You also don’t need a nice camera to film your cardistry move. Cinematography and editing skills are in no way required for tonight’s contest. We want to see the move you perform. That is what counts.

Film your move and upload it to YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok and hashtag it with #theory11. Post the link to your public video (so we can see it!) in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST on Monday, May 27th. Once time is up, we will pick a winner at random to receive this week's prize. If you can't decide on one move, you can submit up to 2 moves each!

Our winner will take home a cardistry pack to expand your arsenal of moves and keep you practicing: 1,000 Elite Points, NB3 by Chase Duncan, and your choice of one of these streaming cardistry projects on theory11: Genesis v1 or v2 by Andrei Jikh, Solo by Michael James, Monument by Dimitri Arleri, PURE by Ekaterina, or Motion by Daniel Madison.

Good luck!

Haschich

Elite Member
Nov 17, 2016
Brazil
www.instagram.com
I'm working on this simple one handed move for some time, I call it switchblade, it's my favorite at the moment but I still can't get it to flow as I imagined (that's where the fun is I believe).
Here are two angles of it, with different rithms cause I stil can't decide what feels better, looking for tips.
Hope you guys like it!

YouTube Link

Good luck everyone!

Mar 17, 2020
I first learned this on VHS tape from the art of card manipulation by Jeff McBride. I believe he said it was the Rolodex fan…or something along those lines. Anybody that can help refresh my memory on the actual name that would be great. Ha.

OriF

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2022
Sry for disturbing you but i have another question how much time do they take to answer?
Umm usually a day or so since it's the weekend so they will only answer on Monday if I am not mistaken. Be patient, it won't take too long though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results