Saturday Night Contest : Challenge Yourself :: RESULTS

Jan 23, 2008
The best magic That I believe leaves the greatest impact is the spur of the moment. Last Week I said I wanted to change somebody's life by doing something so Amazing that it would leave them speechless and have them remember it for the rest of there life. When I was hanging out with my girlfriend at her lunch table the topic of David Blaine came up and how he can do anything that he wants and ONLY he would be able to perform "miracles" such as that. THen the topic of Card through window came up and their was might I say quiet a rude kid at the table that new that I did some magic that said yeah right their isn't anything "tricky" with david blaine he does it completely on his own and makes up all his tricks and on and on and on about how david blaine was the only person that could do that cool stuff. I finally had enough of Magic Bashing and decided to prove him wrong. I told him tell me something you saw david do and I bet I could do it.... Luckily he brought up the topic of card through window again. The only problem was I didn't have cards I was totally unprepared and when He had a deck I told him to come to the window. I told him the only way you've probably seen with card through window is when it randomly appears on the other side when they throw it. I told him I was going to do it nice and slowly for him. I started to begin a Kaos routine. This having me have him pick a card brought big interest in the cafeteria. I had tons and tons of people crowd around when I was letting him shuffle so that it would be completely fair. when I get to the other side of the glass I showed my hands empty and began he was pushing the cards against the window while the card started to come through. His Eyes completely widened into almost a perfect circle ( they were the biggest eyes I've ever seen Let go of the card letting it stick through the glass not all the way through and he was completely red. I finished the trick and everybody in the cafeteria started screaming when I turned it over to revile that it was his signed 9 of hearts. THey were so loud that the got sent outside for a Noise disturbance. He was speechless not in a bad way like I told him but that their were other people that could perform things as amazing as David Blaine he will not forget that moment for a long...time. I was unable to take picture of it or make a video of it because it was a spur of the moment things when you are tested the hardest when you are completely unprepared and are still able to perform a miracle for at least 100 people to enjoy

Jan 23, 2008
No I didn't relisze the time when I was typing please please except this Please

NO I was proof reading it and only got half way through when I relized it took 32 mins to type noooo please

Jan 23, 2008
Woooh that was a close one I was working on my 700 point essay due on Monday and then say that on my time it was 8:30 and only half an hour was left so I better get my submission in

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
We get great Saturday Night Contest submissions every week, but this week was particularly meaningful to us as the challenge has real potential to truly make a difference in everyone who participated.

We read every single submission that came in tonight. We looked at every image. We watched every video. And we were extremely impressed. I think that magicmalnsk said it best that the challenge tonight was not just to get some cool prizes, but to really challenge yourself to push the limits, and see what happens.

All of the submissions tonight impressed us. But the one that stood out the most to our entire crew was StoneFace. His challenge to himself was simple : perform. And in doing so, he overcame a fear and anxiety that almost all of us go through at one time or another as we progress in this artform. He challenged himself. And he succeeded. And for that, he's our winner tonight. Read his full post here to see the submission.

Only one person tonight could take home the prizes, but I hope that everyone who participated got something out of this contest. Santiago, keep up the great work in flourishing. Being able to see the progress you made in just one week was inspiring. Looking forward to seeing your next video as you continue to improve and learn in the coming weeks and months. AllanLu - amazing. Not only did you take home a prize of your own, you too overcame performance anxiety to push your own boundaries. Incredible work.

To everyone else who participated in this contest - keep up the great work. Keep challenging yourself. Keep pushing the envelope. You never know what you're capable of until you push the limits - and give it your best shot.

Apr 22, 2008
Wow gratz StoneFace ....first place wasnt for me but im glad to hear that all accomplished was inspiring.

Gratz to everyone

Nov 17, 2007
Congrats man! I wasn't able to enter this contest (even though I worked on it all week!) due to some technical difficulties. But, nontheless, great job. =)

Jan 19, 2008
Wow thank you!! I wonder how much this deck is worth, though i would never sell it! I will keep this deck as a remebering to the contest that made me start to be a performer!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results