Saturday Night Contest - Coin Toss

FTL_FTK

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2015
You know what's the most difficult thing abt these coin contests is?

Keeping track of all the entered combinations :D

Well, there are only 2^5 = 32 possible outcomes, so what I'd do is list them and go through the thread writing the username of the first person to a combination besides the combination they wrote. That would allow you to find relatively easily unwritten combinations and the list of possible winners.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Well, there are only 2^5 = 32 possible outcomes, so what I'd do is list them and go through the thread writing the username of the first person to a combination besides the combination they wrote. That would allow you to find relatively easily unwritten combinations and the list of possible winners.
I think it may be easier to just look through them and see which one matches.

Itd be like matching a shape more than checking each individual entry for h/t.

And this way, you could get rid of a lot of answers very quickly. For example, assuming all 32 combinations were played out an equal amount of times, half of them could be eliminated instantly based on the first number alone.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

FTL_FTK

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2015
I think it may be easier to just look through them and see which one matches.

I don't want to take this thread too off topic, so I'll be brief:
  1. That's what I do to check if the submission I want to give has already been written and there are few posts before mine (or what I'd do if I knew the answer and were looking for the winner).
  2. When there are multiple posts, the list seems better to me because it ensures that I only go through the thread once and I don't have to write down all the unique already written sequences for each new Contest (if you write the list once, you can use it several times).
At the end of the day, whatever works for you is the correct answer.

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India
Damn didn't realize my guess was already picked long before. Can you'll pick the winner at random if there is more than 1 person who guessed right?

Reactions: CWhite

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
At the time af this message, there were 9 configurations left and this is one of them:

Tails
Heads
Heads
Tails
Tails
Congrats! This was the correct outcome of the coin toss, and you were the first person to post the correct answer. Please contact our support team with your details to claim your prize!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results