Saturday Night Contest - First Impression!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! Whenever performing for a new group of people, magicians have to make a great first impression to capture their audience's attention. The opener is a very important part of your routine, and can be the difference in terms of how engaged the audience is with your magic going forward. Openers are usually visual, quick, and a lead-in to the next effect. That's what we're using as inspiration for this week's contest.

The challenge? Create a new opening effect. It can be with anything you like, even cards. We want to see a quick and visual effect that can capture our attention. You can also perform an already existing effect, but put a creative twist on it. We want to see something creative and original that goes with the criteria above. Just make sure the video is 60 seconds or less.

Film and upload the performance of your effect and post it to either YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, January 5th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on the winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points, a deck of Gold Artisans, and ANY effect valued at $75 or under, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

We look forward to seeing your new openers. Good luck!

Dec 22, 2019
Can people send you a file instead of posting a video on YouTube, Vimeo or Instagram and post here the link?

MickaelD

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2019
Ah. The fact is that I don’t have an account on any of these platforms.
Doesn’t matter. It will be for the next time.
Despite this, thank you @Casey Rudd!
If you have an android phone you have a google account, of you have a google account then you have a youtube account. Making a new account takes less than 5 mins ...just saying

Reactions: Dtop

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com

Here is my entry. This is my daily opening effect ! Use half Mnemonica concept.

Last card you made reference to for "any selection" was the 8 of Clubs .. At first it looked like you wrote "8 of C" on the back of the 8 of Hearts but on second glance it was a heart. Hope this is clear. Nice opener. and Good Luck :)

Patrix

Elite Member
Dec 24, 2018
Michigan
Here’s a card routine opener.
I tried my best to keep it within time. I’m usually performing this slower. “ Is this your card?”

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
Here is my entry for this weeks contest. Didn't think I would get home in time, but I did! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results