Saturday Night Contest - Make A Trailer

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Congrats theSunnyG. All the videos looked fun and great!

Nice job SunnyG. I guess at the end of the day this was more of a cardistry competition to display the deck which I am horrible at :(. I feel like I wasted 10 hours of my life though cause I probably went way too out of the box on mine and created something that wasn't really fitting the contest. It was my first entry on one of these so I guess I didn't really understand how they work haha. Oh well, great job to everyone though!

For an entire year, I entered every contest except like 4 or 5 of them. The contests are meant to involve everyone and cater to different skillsets. One week, it may not be your skillset. Another week it'll cater to you, but not to someone else.

But I can guarantee that if you attempt every contest that you're able to, you'll definitely get a good feel as to what the judges are, or would be, looking for. That's super valuable information.

In all the time I've been on Theory11 (I want to say a few years now). I've won an "arts and crafts" contest, create your own cardistry flourish, and several random contests.

Enter every week. Even just to try. I've spent many hours on a bunch of contest projects that didnt win or didn't even come close to honorable mention. The learning curve is steep for the skill-based contests like this one. Even if you know you'll be bad at it, just try it. You might learn something.

Whatever you do. Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll end up worse than when you first began. I did the same thing when I first started, except I didn't realize how steep the contest curve was. Take every win and every loss as a learning opportunity and I can guarantee that I'll be cursing your name one day for knocking me into honorable mention.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Congrats theSunnyG. All the videos looked fun and great!

For an entire year, I entered every contest except like 4 or 5 of them. The contests are meant to involve everyone and cater to different skillsets. One week, it may not be your skillset. Another week it'll cater to you, but not to someone else.

But I can guarantee that if you attempt every contest that you're able to, you'll definitely get a good feel as to what the judges are, or would be, looking for. That's super valuable information.

In all the time I've been on Theory11 (I want to say a few years now). I've won an "arts and crafts" contest, create your own cardistry flourish, and several random contests.

Enter every week. Even just to try. I've spent many hours on a bunch of contest projects that didnt win or didn't even come close to honorable mention. The learning curve is steep for the skill-based contests like this one. Even if you know you'll be bad at it, just try it. You might learn something.

Whatever you do. Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll end up worse than when you first began. I did the same thing when I first started, except I didn't realize how steep the contest curve was. Take every win and every loss as a learning opportunity and I can guarantee that I'll be cursing your name one day for knocking me into honorable mention.
Couldn't have said it any better Brett. When I was a forum member from 2008 up until I became part of the staff in 2010 I participated in every contest that I could, and learned so much from each and every week. It gave me the motivation to practice and keep working on areas I wasn't so good at. It was also free to enter (still is!) and at that point you have nothing to lose; all you can do is try and put your effort in, and hey, you might just win! I won a couple of contests, came in honorable mention a few times, and crashed out a ton. It was all worth it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results