Saturday Night Contest - Passing Through

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey guys,

Just yesterday, we released a brand new effect from Zach Heath called CIRCUIT. The effect is extremely visual - with just a shake, a ring visually jumps from finger to finger. If you haven't seen it yet, stop what you're doing and watch the preview. Your head might explode. It looks just as good in real life.

Tonight's contest is directly inspired by this effect. Penetration effects are extremely visual. With some creativity, you can create a remarkable illusion. Your challenge for tonight is to create your own. For example, you can cause a coin to go through a bottle, make a rubberband pass through another, make a signed coin appear inside a bag of potato chips, cause a ring to pass through the cord of your headphones, or make a cell phone go inside of a balloon! The options are endless, and are completely up to you.

We are judging based on creativity, execution, and overall performance. Film and upload your entry to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, May 26th. After time is up, we will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you take home this week? A huge prize package. 1,000 Elite Member Points, Circuit by Zach Heath, Filter by Rick Lax, Transit by Calen Morelli, Missing Link by Chris Kenner, and Stairway by Marcus Eddie!

We can't wait to see what you can create. Get to it!

Jan 19, 2013
does it have to go inside of something or can it pass out of something. for instance, pulling a ring off of a tied rope? (btw thats not what i am planning on doing its just an example)

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
does it have to go inside of something or can it pass out of something. for instance, pulling a ring off of a tied rope? (btw thats not what i am planning on doing its just an example)

Either way is totally fine - penetrating into, or out of, anything - is fair game.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Here's a new application of an old trick I created. No duplicates, everything I say in the video is true.
[video=youtube;lkuYifBB744]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkuYifBB744&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 28, 2011
An Old Idea, No Camera Tricks :)

[video=youtube;VaoMWSdtq0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaoMWSdtq0o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results