Saturday Night Contest - Resolutions For 2019

Nov 1, 2016
In this past year I;
Expanded my card collection and was able to use the large amounts of cards for even more magic and cardistry
Performed for my first audience
Used magic to get as a teaching tool for my students (I teach piano part-time)
Learned more magic and added many new things to my repertoire.
I also came up with some new ideas and hope that they can be published on the market someday!!

And this year for 2019, I hope to continue on my path in learning new things every day, and to publish a cardistry video somewhere, or have a trick on the marketplace. I also would LOVE to win a Saturday Night Contest!!:p

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

hikeeba

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Certainly been good reading through everyone's experiences.
For me, in 2018 I've been working on the three shells game (even working on making my own).
Hopefully will continue in 2019, as well as trying to remember the throws for Fast & Loose.

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
2018 was the best year in my life for sure! I accomplished so much in my private life as well as my career. In the summer I got married with my beautiful wife. I made my first ever stage show in the capital city of Latvia. It wasn't too big, it was like 200 seats, but it was sold out! I made some popular videos here in Latvia. I can say this year was really good!

2019: I will make more of my own shows and I hope I will sold out them as well. :)

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Dec 9, 2017
Last year I tried to become better at card tricks. I practiced a lot and I am proud to say that I am happy to see myself advance to the next level in card magic. I am now comfortable with handling cards. I have been learning tricks from youtube mainly, but in the 2019 I am planning to purchase some tricks and I hope that I will be able to squeeze learning them in to my busy schedule. Anyways, I will be strvung towards becoming better magician. So I am looking forward to the next year. :)

antoferra

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2014
Italy
2018: redefined my magic character after listening and reading from Nate Staniforth, Tony Chang, Derren Brown.
Wrote what I think is my best presentation for a trick (Galaxy by Paul Harris).
Came up with a Pegasus page stage routine that I think is well built, but I still have to perform it live.

2019: Do my first show (I have already written a good outline of a 25 minute show).
Get paid for performing (this is more to make magic an hobby that doesn't cost me anything, as it is becoming quite expensive)
Doing less impromptu tricks and focusing on more impressive and time and energy consuming tricks; or at least focusing completely on the effect and not thinking too much about the difficulty of the method.
Write one essay on a part of magic theory.

severed22

Elite Member
Jul 28, 2018
I transitioned out of the Marine Corps after serving 10 years. I was able to start pursuing my goal of attaining a degree in physics but also rediscovered my love of magic. Halfway through the year I stumbled on a box of things I wanted to pursue when I got out of the military and found 2 decks of Bicycles in the box. I immediately yelled, "Oh yeah!. My wife looked at me like I was crazy and now she thinks I'm actually crazy with my new obsession. I bought Card College Vol.1&2 and have been dedicated since then inspiring my nephews along the way.

Nekko

Elite Member
Jul 19, 2014
Italy
I've been practicing magic art for 5 years now. In 2018, due to school exams, I have to admit that I spent less time than usual on this art. Nevertheless, I continued to learn new techniques and new tricks, especially using cards. However I am not satisfied, and I would like to improve my technical skills exponentially in 2019! To start the best, already on January 5 and 6 2019 I will do a magic show, and I'm very happy for it!

Happy new year to all, that the magic be with you!

Feb 25, 2018
2018 was a good year it was my first time really getting in to magic and wanting to do it. I also got the courage to preform for a crowd. I also submitted a trick to the marketplace and am waiting to see if it gets approved. I have made my card collection bigger my book collection bigger and my magic and gimmick collection bigger.
For 2019 I want to keep building my collections and I want to get out of my comfort zone on tricks and slight of hand.

Feb 12, 2018
India
2K18 for me was you can say a "learning experience" in magic. I started magic around December last year and since then I have learnt so much from people, fourms, YouTube and many other places. My interest in magic was mostly with a mindset of learning tricks on youtube, practicing 'em, and goigo and performing it to people when I get the chance, but now I have realised that it isn't just nailing a trick "created" by someone else, you have to make sure you learn from those and then get creative and create some tricks on our own using passes that "we" are comfortable with, using controls, switches, etc all that we have practiced and make something on our own. Also I'm planning from a long time to release a trick in "The Marketplace", so I'll get that done by 2019... So that's what I've accomplished in 2018, it's not much but it's a start..

In 2019, my main goal, "Cardistry", For some reason I've never managed to do a cardistry move properly and I want to learn it badly and also there is a magic community near my place so planning on joining that...release my Marketplace trick and make more progress in magic, I want to start some visual magic for my IG too!..ALSO, I want expand my card collection...most of the decks I have are txi or bicycle..would want to buy new cards and expand to make it a collection

Mar 3, 2018
Happy new year everyone! 2018 was an amazing year for me! This year I practiced many of the tricks I own and brainstormed how I could present these tricks in different ways. I even found a new way to perform LIT and Bare! This year I also came up with some new magic concepts I am so excited to test out! I also did many performances this year and many of them I am very happy to say turned out really well. However, some of those performances didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to be (what was I thinking performing LIT on a stage to 70 people?!). Still, I am happy about all of those performances because I know now that I have more to learn about stage presence and communication. In 2019 my goals are to perfect my style of magic, create new and innovative magic effects, and to hone my cinematography and photography skills.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Well. Half of the year was a wash. First half was just doctors appiontments and just trying to trudge through the wonderful world of dperession. Been trying to get myself back.
Did find that I want to learn more regarding Dragonfly Rings and I ended up performing a small show for a special needs girl and made her the magician the entire performance. Went over really well. Apparently, a couple other parents want to book me, but I have no idea what to do with that, so we'll see.

For 2019. I need to get more into books. Learn more. Do more. I met up with Michael O'Brien in December and he inspired me to find a magic club in Texas.

I guess from here it's just to keep going!

Dec 3, 2018
Hey guys!
2018 is a pretty year in my magic adventure! I started to do magic this month and im super excited!
For my next year, i want to perform for some people and win some decks!
Happy new year to u all!!

Sep 9, 2018
Wow, 2018 was an awesome year for me! I found a new passion: THE MAGIC! I got really happy doind my tricks and performing them to other people! I even created a Instagram profile to show other people my tricks.
I hope to develop my magic in 2019, making lots of other people to smile and make them to get curious to how i do the tricks.

Dec 5, 2014
In 2019,

I will maximize the amount of time I have in studying, practicing, and performing for different people.
And most importantly, I will be posting many compilations and tricks on social media such as instagram/twitter for feedback and hopefully collabs to meet new people!

Very excited and wishing everyone on T11 a Happy New Year!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results