Saturday Night Contest - Resolutions for 2024!

Braeden0309

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2020
Redmond, OR
As I reflect on the incredible journey of 2023 in the realms of magic, cardistry, and card collecting, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of accomplishment and growth. Being on the brink of becoming an elite member of Theory 11 is a significant milestone for me. The wealth of knowledge and inspiration I've gained from this esteemed community has elevated my skills and deepened my appreciation for the art forms we hold dear. Engaging with like-minded enthusiasts has fueled my passion, and I've honed my abilities through the exchange of ideas and techniques.

This year I've expanded my collection with rare and exquisite decks that tell stories of artistry and craftsmanship. Each deck holds a special place in my heart, and the journey of acquiring them has added a layer of excitement to my passion for cards.

Looking ahead to 2024, my resolutions are ambitious and driven by a desire for continuous improvement. In magic, I aim to master new illusions and elevate my performance to even greater heights. Cardistry-wise, I plan to push my creative boundaries and contribute to the evolving landscape of this dynamic art form. In the realm of card collecting, I aspire to curate a collection that not only showcases rare decks but also tells a narrative that captivates enthusiasts and newcomers alike.

Ultimately, my goal for the coming year is to contribute positively to the magic community, sharing my experiences, learning from others, and fostering a spirit of creativity and collaboration. Here's to a magical 2024 filled with growth, discovery, and unforgettable moments.

Reactions: PeterB69

Chosticks

Elite Member
Dec 16, 2016
Well I recently found back my old monarchs card collection and as new colours have come out the last few years I might expand!

Cuttlefish

Elite Member
Sep 17, 2021
It is early into my 3rd year of close up, I feel I have excelled in slights and concepts although may still need some time on other like the two handed shift. I have even replaced the double back with a slight, making it more of a liability in the deck. as for resolutions I made one a really long time ago not to make any and I love being free to do what ever I want!

Kevin Rosewood

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2021
This year I street performed for the first time, and performed my first parlor show.
Next year, I plan to continue to learn and grow, perform more and get my first paid gig!!! Wish me luck!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
2023 was Rocky for magic—I pretty much decided to stick with collecting some packet tricks. Bought some Tenyo redemption tricks and have been having fun with those, along with getting some nice decks for aesthetic ourposes

For 2024, I’d like to delve more into packet tricks and get some more aesthetic decks

Jun 5, 2022
This is my first year in magic, cardistry, and card collecting and I have already found it extremely rewarding! I borrowed the book the Royal Road to Card Magic and I have tried to work through the book. For cardistry, I’ve just been practicing the basics, and currently am trying to make my Sybil and Revolution Cut smoother. It’s been really rewarding, just showing my friends the progress I have made, and I’ve found it to be a great icebreaker at parties :) I also bought my first two decks of cards from Theory11, and bragged showed my friends.

Just this start in magic has been extremely rewarding, and I love the skill and the social skills needed to sell a trick effectively. My goals in 2024 would be to work on doing the basic cardistry cuts with my other hand, and finish the Royal Road to Card Magic. I also hope to actually have a routine, not just some basic card tricks learned off of youtube. Here’s to another year of learning in 2024! 🎉🎉🎉

hikeeba

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Continued to whittle down the collection, and to focus on doing more with less things. Hopefully will continue this into 2024.

Eliyahu

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
For the last while, I have poured almost all of my magic effort into my show. My primary magic goal this past year was to build a second show from scratch, a mentalism show. It took a tremendous amount of time, effort, and money, but thank God, my efforts paid off and I now have a mentalism show that I can be proud of.

My magic goal for 2024 may surprise some of you, but while I have been putting so much efforts into my shows I have almost entirely neglected close-up to the point where I really don't feel comfortable performing close up anymore. Ten years ago I was great at it, but as I was only getting hired to perform shows and no one was hiring me to perform close-up or walk-around I basically stopped paying any attention to it. Recently someone tried hiring to perform close-up and I scrambled to figure out what I would perform. Obviously I know a ton of close-up tricks but when it came to actually figuring out what I would do, I was kind of clueless. It's not like I can run off to set up between people, but the tricks I knew that worked FASDIU were so much weaker. My goal this year is to figure out how to perform walk-around and table hopping and get to the level where I can be as proud of it as I am of my magic and mentalism shows. (If anyone has any specific resources they recommend, please let me know.)

Aug 22, 2022
This year I've gotten a great collection of gilded decks this year, as well as some rare ones I didn't know existed.
Next year I want to become a better magician, and grow my card collection.

Dec 15, 2023
2023 for me looks like the start of something new for me. I don't came about me literally 2 weeks ago but I started collecting decks out of no where. When I first heard of theory 11 and the work of in all these different type of decks it kept wanting to see more.

In 2024 hoping to build on this collection and hopefully by the end of it have something to marvel at. It bring ssucj excitement for me to get into this new hobby. thei maybe not be the only thing and look at a possibility on joining the magic side of cardistry as well. Can't wait for 2024!!! Happy new Year!!

TheChimneySweep

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2018
Germany
www.instagram.com
I discovered that reading magic books it is a powerfull source of inspiration, and i will definetly keep this habbit for the new coming year, looking forward to rejoin a magic book club and maybe performing again on given ocasions.
Hope you all have a good start in the new year!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
2023 was, for me, a very versatile in relation to card collecting. This past year I have gotten my hands onto many decks of playing cards that I find beautiful and intricate. My collection has increased its size in some 50 or so decks this past year.

For 2024, I would like to set myself a goal - to be able to use these decks more frequently than I have last year - which is basically none. If last year I only admired them, now I want to also use them and have fun with them, and maybe others will admire them too if I use and show them off. If I see more decks I like I'll probably get them as well, but I don't want to only get my hands on them, as I said.
Also, I own many tricks I need to learn and then practice and perform to people. This is similar to my goal with decks, just with other magic props - I want to use those.
Congrats Ori! You were randomly selected as the winner for this week's contest - please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!

OriF

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2022
Congrats Ori! You were randomly selected as the winner for this week's contest - please contact our support team with your details so we can get your prize out to you ASAP!
Thank you so much! I am so happy I got it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results