Saturday Night Contest - Something Unexpected

Oct 16, 2007
who's judging this stuff?

good LUCK really works I guess.

i'm not saying mine was the best, but...that one ?

good story though

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
I too think Matt totally deserves the prize. His story is so emotional and real. It reminds us that magic is all about that tiny priceless connection between people, not about merely showing off and fooling people.

D

Deleted member 2755

Great job Matt! I forgot to submit my story. Oh well. I've won a contest before anyway. Congrats! Enjoy your signed Centurions!

-Doug

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Well, the contest is finished, but i might aswell post this:

This atually happened to me on Saturday. I was really exited that i was going to do magic at a leaving party, and i had been practising for a hard since i heared about it. I was pumped, but also quite nervous. Anyway, i went over my Distortion routine, and it was then time to perform. I started at 9 o'clock in the evening (when people had had a couple of drinks) and my first table was the host and her partner. I did Distortion, and another trick and i freaked out the host and hr sister too. I then moved onto the table behind, after reseting Distortion. I did it, and i got good reactions. I moved around the table, and did another trick for a girl sitting down. I did here then there. The girl din't give good reactions, but the person behind her did. I then decided to do sloppy shuffle.

Disaster struck.

I did almost all of it right, but i put the pacet back wrong so it was all face up, but so was the selected card. I just said i did it wrong, and i was really annoyed at myself. I decided to do one more, a simple card to mouth. I tried to do the move from CC2 where you jut it out, show it , fan the cards and ask someone to push it in and its then in your mouth.
But the bad point was i did the move wrong about 3 times, so i then just left the table and sat down.
I think the reason i mucked up was because i was nervous, and i was shaking and i was using a new deck of cards.
I did about 20 bridge shuffles to work of my nerves, and then decided to do another table. The rest of the evening passed well, apart from when my mum helpfully said: "Do that coin in the bottle one" (Bullet). The host came over and I asked her for a two Pence coin. I was all set to do Bullet, and then my mum said somethign that caused me to blurt out the secret of the trick. All my enthusiasum just went away after that. My mum tried to make it sound alot better by saying " Oh, it was only Jackie that heared" , but that didn't make it any better" But yeah, i made 4 pounds (about $8) . It wasn't all bad atleast. I think everyone had a good time, which is all that counts.

Felix

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results