Saturday Night Contest - Special Edition: Witness THIS

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
Well it is our weekly Saturday Night Contest, and it's my turn to host it.

Lots of people ask what happens behind the scenes at theory11. Most people think it's all fun and games, but boy are they are wrong! It's a lot of hard work to have a good time.

A few months before WITNESS released to the public, I was able (secretly) to get my hands on the WITNESS ad that was going to run in MAGIC and GENII magazine.

With some quick changes, it was turned into something MAD magazine would appreciate. Quietly, the altered image was emailed out to the entire theory11 team. Then every day, for about 10 days, I'd send other various versions of the ad. It became an inside joke among the whole team. Here are a couple of those images I can share with you:

Sample Image One
Sample Image Two

It's your chance to get in on the fun now.

We're going to make it easy for you to participate. Download the blank version of the WITNESS ad HERE, and all you need to do is add in your own text and image.

-What would you put in my ziplock bag?
-What would it say in the title and subtitle?

You can even get your own ziplock bag, camera, and reproduce the image however you see fit. We are looking for creativity and originality.

If you don't have an image editor like Photoshop, here are links to a few free ones: Gimp, Picnik, Fotoflexer.

The 'Witness This' SNC Rules:

1. There are no rules! (I've always wanted to say that.) There are rules, see below.

2. Remember there are people younger than you, visiting on a daily basis. Please keep your entry clean.

3. You are being judged on how funny and creative your submission is.

4. Please post on this thread with an attachment. If you have trouble attaching, feel free to use your theory11 pictures folder and then just insert the image into your post using the proper code. If you'd like, simply upload it to a free photo sharing site such as Imageshack.us, and embed the image in your post.

5. YOU MAY SUBMIT UP TO THREE ENTRIES BEFORE 11:00pm EST. (8 pm PST)

6. Legal note: by submitting an image to this contest, you permit theory11 to utilize the image in any way we see fit, including posting it on the main page if you win.

The winner will be announced at 11:30pm tonight.

Prizes include: signed Witness, signed deck of Guardians, and Thunderbird PDF manuscript, all on the house including shipping.

So get CRAZY and have some FUN! Ready, set, go...

Asher

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
UK
Haha, I was pretty much spot on... I should become an official SNC mentalist to predict the next contest...? *cough*

Unfortunately, I can't even download stuff like GIMP on my dad's computer, so I had to use MS Paint, but I still think it turned out okay, considering. xD

blainestuntfish.png

Huruey

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Just to clarify, I am allowed to enter that first pic, right?

I really like this one, it's good fun. Cheers, Lee.

Huruey

Nov 17, 2007
Wow. A good contest. Nice one Lee. I had a feeling it would be this since the newsletter came out. I'll see what I can do. =)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results