Saturday Night Contest :: Theory11 Roundtable

pnmilton

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
D&D

1. Who do you consider the most talented magician/flourisher of our generation? other than the obvious Blaine etc.

2. Considering you don't perform in a restaurant/bar or street setting on a regular basis how do you perfect your routines to where they are performable for laymen?

3. Do you feel your flourish based/flashey style of magic takes away from the overall effect of the magic you do? Despite the fact it's extremely pretty do you feel the complicated nature of it often takes away from the over all effect?

May 10, 2008
What does the new deck "Smoke and Mirrors"look like? (roughly)

How long have you been doing card Magic?

What is your process for developing new flourishes?

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
Its a common assumption (or misinterperation) that many people get into magic to fill a gap or empty void in their life. Be it lack of social experience, or a needing of something more. My question is, did you guys get where you are today because you may have lacked other social skills. Be it lack of friends, or events in school etc. As compared to if you had busy lives, obviously you wouldnt have practised as much.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Its a common assumption (or misinterperation) that many people get into magic to fill a gap or empty void in their life. Be it lack of social experience, or a needing of something more. My question is, did you guys get where you are today because you may have lacked other social skills. Be it lack of friends, or events in school etc. As compared to if you had busy lives, obviously you wouldnt have practised as much.

i have 52 friends. They're real. THEY ARE REAL I SAY! *crawls in corner and pets cards*

Feb 17, 2008
1) did you and your brother ever make magic a competition to get better, or were you guys always there for eachother strictly as helpers?

2)Which one of you guys is older?

3) are there tricks/fourishes that one of you can do that you refuse to show the other?

Question 1 - I used to have a friend who did flourishes but he quit because he felt it was boring. I was very disappointed by this because he was the only friend I had near me that either did magic or flourished. How could I motivate him back into it?

Question 2 - Regarding my above question: I do flourishes and some magic but I am quite lonely in my area. I don't have any friends that are even remotely interested in this. I try to get them into it but they don't care. I tend to lose interest in this art when I don't have anyone to share it with. Sure the online communities are nice but I want some face to face flourishing where I could meet up and jam with some people. Dan/Dave, are there any ways I could meet people or at least get my name out so I could be around people who are interested in the art?

Question 3 - Have you ever lost interest and/or complete faith in your flourishing? By this I mean have you ever just wanted to quit and move on? Like your missing out on some things but you still want to flourish and do magic. And you think there are better things you could be doing? If so, how have you gotten back into the art and became motivated?

Well..... That's it.

Thanks guys,

Michael

EDIT: Darnit, looks like assuming that it ends at 11 has failed me. I guess I should read the fine print next time. Oh well..... (sad face)

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results