Saturday Night Contest - Your Card Collection!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend! Let's get right into it.

We are interested in seeing what collections you guys have right now! Whether you are new or if you've been around for a while, we all start somewhere with our card collections. Let's face it, we've almost all been there. You order a few decks of cards, and then suddenly you find your collection piling up with more decks, and more decks, until it becomes almost impossible to count. I know I have certainly lost count of how many I have!

What we want you guys to do is to take a picture of your card collection! You can upload your picture to Instagram or upload it straight through the forums. Once your photo is uploaded, post the link to your photo in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, December 4th. Once time is up, we will select one collection at random and that person will take home this week's prize (size of the collection does not matter whatsoever!).

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and 6 decks of your choice that are currently in stock!

We are looking forward to seeing what kind of collections you guys have!

llafoe63

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2022
Indiana
Today is my two-week playing card collection anniversary! I am building two mid-century modern homes; one in the Appalachian Mountains and the other in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I wanted something special, interactive for my guests to enjoy in the guest bedrooms. I decided to collect playing cards and found Theory 11. I learned their decks were available nationally and found them at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, Barnes & Noble, and a local gaming shop. I added twenty-six decks to my "collection" on my first day, November 20, just by driving around and buying them within five miles of my home in Indiana.

Then I found theory11.com. I placed ten orders using all the available "savings" including 10% off new customer, Variety Box (15% off), and 25% Black Friday. I have 128 different Theory 11 decks, and eleven different Theory 11 Special Edition box sets in my collection. I still have several decks/sets enroute. I keep one deck sealed and will display them on the wall in one of the guest bedrooms. I will display the special edition box sets in an MCM curio cabinet. I open one deck and pull the Ace of Spades, Queen of Hearts, and Joker and add them to my Theory 11 playing card albums. I turn the Joker over to display the back. This will provide my guests a glimpse of the cards inside each of the 128 decks displayed on the wall. I am currently storing the sealed decks in Theory 11 brick boxes and the loose decks inside Carat DS1s in white sports card boxes. I ordered Carat XCBs and will move the loose decks to them once they arrive.

I recently started collecting variations and added the Jimmy Fallon gold seal, twenty-one different Artisan Black/Gold/White date codes, Deck One V1, Monarchs Blue V1, Monarchs White V2, embossed/unembossed Bicycle Titanium decks, etc. I am trying to find my boundaries when it comes to collecting variations. I have several with different Theory 11 base logos including the full set of Tycoons.

I am starting to collect Theory 11 magic tricks to display in the second MCM home I am building. I have not decided how I will display that collection to make it fun for my guests. Of course, we will use Theory 11 Grateful Dead decks when we play card games in those homes!

I do not have a display yet since they are packed away at my home in Indiana impatiently waiting on their move to the mountains, but they still wanted to come out of the closet to get their picture taken for today's contest. I noticed a few smiled for you in the picture! :cool:

I still need to find a second deck for the Bee Brown Wynn, Monarchs Blue V1, Monarchs Eleven Madison Park, Rarebit Green, and White Centurions.

Attachments

• 20221204_113029.jpg
    20221204_113029.jpg
    911.9 KB · Views: 80
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results