Saturday Night Roundtable - Jason England

Jun 20, 2013
I have questions I absolutely need to have an answer, great chance! *_*

1. What advice would you give to someone who starts in gambling techniques?

2. Do you think we can easily bring these techniques to the card table?

3. How long do you practice a day?

Some advice I startingd on learning new moves was 'never learn more than three new things, until you can do them in your sleep'. What are your comments/ opinions on this and limiting yourself when learning new things?

When you were starting out, did you structure a practice routine or schedule, and how did you tackle those moments where your learning curve became steeper?

In your opinion what one book in each of the following catagories beginner, intermediate and advanced, would you consider a 'must have'?

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India
Heads Up! My Questions may be Stupid.

1. Mr. Jason England, along with card magic do you also do cardistry? (Could you please share your thoughts/opinions on Cardistry?)

2. What do you think of card tricks where card sleights are combined with card flourishes such as in Sybil Triumph?

3. Since how long have you been doing Card Magic and what are your thoughts on its Future?

May 5, 2013
how did it feel to be in a film with sylvester stalone?
how long do you spend practicing moves?
who inspired you to do the stuff you do all of the techniques and gambiing moves?

Jul 19, 2013
1. Why do you work as a magician?
2. What is the best thing about being a professional magician?
3. Which card finish do you prefer; cambric, air cushion or linoid, and why?
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
1. How do you practise new sleights - do you recommend using a mirror or a camera?

2. Which magician would you have loved to meet before your day?

3. Why do you think studying the magic history is so important?

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Can you talk about the connection/difference between magic and a display of sleight of hand. Is it a good idea to mix those, does one taint the other? For example, does showing your skill with cards diminish the magical effect of a triumph routine, making it skill rather than magical? Or vice versa?

(thinking about how Lennart Green hides his skill)

somecallmetim96

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
www.youtube.com
Questions

1) In terms of manipulation in your techniques, do you prefer thinner cards or thicker cards?

2) What kind of venue do you like performing at most?

3) How many hours a day do you practice right now?

Clay Elleby

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
1. Where did you start to perform?
2. If you woke up tomorrow and all the playing cards in the world were gone and you had to choose a new branch of magic what would it be?
3. What does a day consist of for you, practing and performing?

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Jason England,

We spend hours upon hours practicing moves that may only take place for a few seconds during a routine. What are your thoughts on this?

Throughout your years performing magic or gambling demonstrations, who has most influenced you in your path to become the prestidigitator you know yourself to be now?

I'm a big fan of you and your work,
Peter Husisian

Feb 23, 2014
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results