Scarne's Aces

Mar 28, 2009
HAmburg Germany
Hey People.

So I've been trying to figure out how Scarne's Aces works.
Since the past 5 years I checked everywhere but I found nothing. No one can help me. So if anyone can help me here I would be very graeful. Anything will do. Tips, Hints, Dvd I should buy or even the secret.
For those of you who dont know the effect, here the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC8vDC7DWrc

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I don't think that's the version he's looking for... but it's a good resource nonetheless, I think I'm right in saying there's a very good ace cutting sequence on it... though I don't own it myself.

I believe, Bill Malone is the one of, if not the only person who knows the secret to it and when asked about it I remember someone saying that he said "If I told you the secret, you'd only be disappointed".

I don't claim to be clued-up about this, but merely recalling what I think has been said already.

- Sean

Reactions: CarissaL
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
its my understanding that no one knows the secret. Scarne took it to the grave. after a lot of research and playing around malone came out with his own method. there is no proof that it is different or the same as Scarne's because the only one that knows his method is Scarne.

May 1, 2009
UK
Aaron Shields booklet "Deviant Practices" is a practical solution for the legendary Scarne Ace Cutting. I hope this helps i do not own this booklet myself, Harry Lorayne has his own version which is like Bill Malone's. I don't own Bill Malone's On The Loose DVDs as i read on the Magic Café Bill's version is on one of them DVDs, but don't know how true this is. anyway hope this info helps you.

I apologize for bumping an old thread, but I second the recommendation for Fast Company. Thats where I learned it, and with a little ingenuity you can even do it with a borrowed deck. I just posted a thread about it if you are interested in seeing my performance

Jan 31, 2010
Well, in Scarne's biography, he says he did exactly as Malone described - he saw the ace during the riffle shuffle, estimated the position it moved to during the cut, and then cut exactly to the ace. No fancy tricks, just pure skill.

Sep 15, 2007
Karl Fulves has his take on it on a book callled Setting - Up Excersizes Vol. 2: Blocking Off. Using the blocking off technique is a logical solution.

Scarne is on Video doing the routine but as usual with his technique there is not much at all to see, He does what he has described as the effect exactly. The video was on Youtube at one time but was pulled by the copyright holder.
Scarne never told anyone the secret before he died is the also the story about it I have been told for years.
Here is a response to the video of Scarne from the 70's :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbKPHsoqLH8&videos=PGrl40tY69M

Hope that helps,
Snorri

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, in Scarne's biography, he says he did exactly as Malone described - he saw the ace during the riffle shuffle, estimated the position it moved to during the cut, and then cut exactly to the ace. No fancy tricks, just pure skill.

Well of course he would say that wouldn't he? He's invented this amazing trick so he's hardly going to tell you how it REALLY works!

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results