Sean Fields - Northbound

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I just wanted to bring this up just in case anyone was looking for a nice impromptu ring flight to necklace. I've had it for quite a while and just wanted to write a review with my thoughts.

Barely half the review is mine (the ad's) but still, hope it helps you choose your next purchase.
The Effect/Ad

Pushing the boundaries of conventional magic, Sean Fields presents Northbound. Ring Flight. Redefined.

The original Ring to Necklace just got better! Imagine borrowing a spectators ring, and causing it to vanish, only to have it IMMEDIATELY reappear on your necklace! Imagine being able to do this without wires, reels, pulls, magnets, or thread. Eclipsing what can be accomplished with a gimmick, this TECHNIQUE is simple, elegant, and practical. This has been one of Sean’s most sought after effects, absolutely stunning some of the world's BEST magicians.

Key points:

* NO thread, wires, magnets, pulls, reels, NOTHING!
* The ring is ALWAYS under your control and safe.
* The ring can be both SEEN and FELT on your necklace, UNDER your shirt, BEFORE your hands go ANYWHERE near the necklace.
* ANGLEPROOF. The basic concept is SO simple, you can adapt various elements of the routine to better suit your style.
* INSTANT RESET. Any ring. Any necklace. Anywhere. Any time.

This is the ring flight you have been waiting for! Northbound – The revolutionary ring flight!

Also taught on the disc is Sean’s handling of the Gypsy Thread effect, Threadbound. Magicians worldwide have hailed Sean’s handling of this classic as ‘brilliant’ and ‘stunning’.

In Threadbound, the effect happens almost ENTIRELY in the spectators hands! Picture this:

The spectator unwinds a length of thread from a spool, rips it into several pieces, and balls it up. The magician tightens the ball of thread and hands it back, and his hands are seen UNMISTAKABLY EMPTY. The spectator then unravels the thread, and it is RESTORED!

What people are saying about 'Northbound':

"Sean Field's Northbound is the kind of trick that I would have created. It's practically impromptu & unbelievably powerful." - Wayne Houchin

"My ring... But it was... You were holding... How did... Your necklace... I didn't... Wrath of Kahn...Mega Blocks... Twizzler Candy... AAAAAAAAARGH!!!" - David Acer

"If you wear any 'bling' at all this is the effect for you. I've been performing a version of Koran's Ring Flite for years so I'm a little upset with Sean for making learn something new." – Nathan Kranzo

“Northbound is basically too cool for school! Old school that is! It is new school visual and actually a fun trick to do! That is a rare thing nowdays. I should not have to tell you get this.” – Tony Miller

-The DVD -

Decent quality, watchable, Sean goes through everything very well.

The bonus I liked, it utilizes the Northbound vanish which contains a 2 second setup :)

Insides of the effect and thoughts​

It is impromptu, as one of the working definitions of impromptu is " little or no setup" and Northbound has very little setup. Not using the northbound vanish makes it even more impromptu. After the main vanish and load Sean goes over a variety of vanishes. I use none of these vanish. I use a vanish in CoinOne, that works fine and dandy with northbound.

-----

What I did a bit to make Northbound my own was hold the ring up chest height and smoothly do the melt-away vanish and act like I rubbed it to my shirt. Then I go into having the spectator feel the ring and I take out the ring that is on the necklace.

It's beautiful.

Highly Recommended

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Ah yes, this is a great effect. I have collaborated with Sean on this a few times, and I have my own handling which is quite different. Sean would have loved to have included it with the dvd, but unfortunately it was out before I had the chance to show him.

I absolutely LOVE the thinking he put into the ring flight plot. It makes a logical connection between the ring and it's final location.

I still love the original ring flight, but ring to necklace has far more emotional impact built into it.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Yeah this is a greta ring flight style effect

I too use the vanish from CoinOne as I had some problems with angles on the main one taught for Northbound

I have just recently been trying to come up with my own handling for this as I there's something i'd love to achieve... but this is definitely a nice effect

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
It's funny. A couple years ago, I came up with this exact same method on my own. I asked around and then found out that my method for ring to necklace was Northbound. That was quite a disappointing feeling =(.

Sin

Sep 2, 2007
I picked this up awhile ago and I must say that ive loved it ever since I learned it.

I definitely recommend that anybody seriously considering getting this to pick it up. It's worth it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results