Seconds and Bottoms

Sep 2, 2007
London
I'm not quite sure what Steve means, as I thought this video demonstrated a great deal of skill. As I'm sure you know, there's a slightly unnatural hesitation when you're getting into position for the bottom deal, and maybe the whole process could be relaxed a little more, but other than that I thought it was great.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
I'm not quite sure what Steve means, as I thought this video demonstrated a great deal of skill. As I'm sure you know, there's a slightly unnatural hesitation when you're getting into position for the bottom deal, and maybe the whole process could be relaxed a little more, but other than that I thought it was great.

Thanks. I'm working on the "hesitation" you talked about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 13, 2009
I thought it was great!!!

The Seconds more than the bottoms!

Where did you learn the seconds?

Thumbs up for this!

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
I thought it was great!!!

The Seconds more than the bottoms!

Where did you learn the seconds?

Thumbs up for this!

Hi,

Thank you.

I learned the seconds from watching Mr. Z and several other guys and from Expert Card Technique. However, I don't do them the way ECT recommends, or the way that Z does them. ECT, along with many other printed sources, recommends pushing the two cards off in an "arc" using the base of the thumb as a pivot point. I push them off straight, lined up with the rest of the deck (I've found this technique to actually be easier using a straddle grip, although I think that grip is awkward in my hands).

One thing I've found with these techniques, is that the most important things are if it feels natural to YOU and works.

I also watched Jason England's download on the push off, which I highly recommend.

Good luck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results