Self Working A.C.A.A.N.

T

T-REX

Long story short:
Jason ladanye posted a video 6 months back and that was awesome. But he couldn’t disclose the method(as it was coming in his next book) so he posted another video 3 months back. Since then I have (actually) watched the video 100+ times and have found nothing, no control, no retain, no nothing.
Video:
He said that it was kind of a “giveaway” for us fellow magicians. He also mentions him “sharing it” with us. At the end he says that he “wanted to give us something to learn for free on YouTube”. So I believe it is kind of talkable about. Does anyone know about it’s method?

PS: If it can’t be exposed(I mean if it’s a paid effect) please don’t. I don’t want any issues.:)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
It requires a special type of Sharpie to make it work. If you shuffle the cards the exact same way and pick the two cards just as he did, it works every time if you have the right kind of Sharpie.;)

But seriously, Jason isn't being serious. You've been had. :eek:

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
@RealityOne Do you know the actual method? What is it?!.

I can come up with A method... it might not be the exact method (but I suspect it is pretty close). It is not my effect, so I can't ethically tell you how to do it. It is Jason's effect and his to teach or not teach. Also, we don't reveal or expose methods on the forums.

Reactions: T-REX
T

T-REX

Does this effect have a particular name?
Can it be found in any book (like Karl Fulves, Card College Light/er/est, etc.)?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
If my guess as to the method is correct, effect is NOT self-working but is actually the opposite -- requiring a combination of sophisticated techniques and simple ruses. That said, there may be some self-working effects that are similar -- I'd just have to pull some books to remember which ones they are.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
In my opinion Jason left out a few letters. I believe it is more similar to Any Chosen Card at Any Number. According to my understanding it is A.C.G.A.T.T.N Any Card Generated At The Total Number.

ras

Apr 14, 2014
I think I have a sense of how this might be done but I don't feel right sharing my insights and I like being fooled.

Feb 24, 2021
Brad Christian teaches a method in one of his old videos that I have always liked. I think it was Crash Course in Cards. It is direct, simple, too the point. It can be used an an emergency backup trick if something else goes wrong. You simply have the card on the bottom of the deck and you are dealing the second to bottom card until you get to the number and deal the actual bottom card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results