Sell it everywhere or only there...

Oct 6, 2007
Hmm, I wanted to make the title of this thread quite intriguing so people wuld actually read it.

Anyway, I'm just asking for some advice whihc may be important to me in the future. And I know there's already a lot of threads about this stuff but here goes..

Lets say I've got an effect/few effects that I wish to sell. (Hypothetically)
Firstly, I want to know- how to get this published? I mean, DVD or download, pdf. etc. Then, who do I get to publsh it?

Next, is it better to sell it to a wide range of online magi stores or just on my own site?
(I also am curious as to how some effects are sold on basically every magic store)

Thanks

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Depend on sellers goals. If he wants to make money, then through internet. If he wants to release effect for the magic community, best way to do it is to send it to a magazine, Genii, for example.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
first of all, you might want to pitch the idea to a place.. making sure it's actually a desirable trick for people to want to purchase. Along with the pitch, create a teaser video of the gist of the trick. See where it goes from there. Putting it on DVD, you have to make sure it's worth the process and capacity of a 4gb DVD. Digital download would be great if it was simple enough to get the method across in 10-20 minutes, PDF, you can do yourself but be sure to include lots of photos and VERY DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
If you had a few effects I would release the first 1 or 2 for free in like a pdf. It will gain you respect and if your effects are good enough people will pay for more. PDFs to my knowledge aren't that hard to make.

Your first effects have to be the best to get you respect. I would suggest that your products look professional no matter which format you chose. When I am buying a trick and the preview has poor quality it lessens the chance that I will by that trick. I would sell my tricks on my own site. It has a nice quality and sence of "underground" to it. Kind of like D+M. I also suggest that you research your trick thoroughly to see if it has been done before. Releasing a trick that has already been released, even if accidently, could ruin your reputation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results