Sell My Gold Monarchs?

Dec 30, 2014
Hi all!

I won a deck of gold monarchs and am just wondering whether I should sell them or not and how much money I could potentially get? They are brand new unopened and although they would be nice to open, would it be better to sell them to be able to buy other cards/effects?

I know this is a very subjective question but I'm just wondering.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I'd say keep em!! I won mine from becoming an elite member along with some other goodies. Unfortunately I couldn't control myself and ended up opening them and using them in a Saturday Night Contest.... There are only so many in circulation so it's totally up to you if you want to sell them or keep them.... I know I still have mine sitting in my good deck box, and they will be sitting there a while too.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Hey man! Just a friendly heads up this Forum is for reviews. Your thread probably belongs in general. Just FYI.
Uh.... it is in general?

Oh and Toby, sell them if you want to, keep them if you like want to. I heard someone was gonna sell them for 700 dollars... but I think they sell for 150 or something. Are these the White ones with the gold drawing, or the gold backed ones?

Reactions: Toby Langdon
Jul 26, 2016
These cards are beautiful! They are already a collectors item, with limited availability, and have been currently selling for between $140 and $300 per deck from what I have seen. If you are not a collector, and want to generate cash for some other magic you will actually use, then you may want to sell them. However, one thing to keep in mind is that, like most collector's items in new or perfect condition, they will become more rare and sought after, and thus more valuable, over time. So, another option, depending on your immediate need for funds, is to hold onto them for a while and wait until they increase in value. Then you might be able to sell them for two or three times what you could get for them now - or even more. Of course, do not open or use them.

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
I popped mine on eBay. They we're just taking up space and not being used so I thought why not.
I didn't want to be greedy and do the $140 or higher like I had seen. I was unsure they would actually sell.
But at $80(Australian) each they were picked up after a couple hours.
No complaints from me :p

But I agree, if you're not a collector it can be a quick way to get funds for something more useful.

Dec 30, 2014
Uh.... it is in general?

Oh and Toby, sell them if you want to, keep them if you like want to. I heard someone was gonna sell them for 700 dollars... but I think they sell for 150 or something. Are these the White ones with the gold drawing, or the gold backed ones?
They are the gold backed ones :) thanks

Dec 30, 2014
These cards are beautiful! They are already a collectors item, with limited availability, and have been currently selling for between $140 and $300 per deck from what I have seen. If you are not a collector, and want to generate cash for some other magic you will actually use, then you may want to sell them. However, one thing to keep in mind is that, like most collector's items in new or perfect condition, they will become more rare and sought after, and thus more valuable, over time. So, another option, depending on your immediate need for funds, is to hold onto them for a while and wait until they increase in value. Then you might be able to sell them for two or three times what you could get for them now - or even more. Of course, do not open or use them.
Hmmm... Holding on to them might be an option thank you!

Dec 30, 2014
I popped mine on eBay. They we're just taking up space and not being used so I thought why not.
I didn't want to be greedy and do the $140 or higher like I had seen. I was unsure they would actually sell.
But at $80(Australian) each they were picked up after a couple hours.
No complaints from me :p

But I agree, if you're not a collector it can be a quick way to get funds for something more useful.
Thank you! Yeah it's a tough decision.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results