Serial Biller - Rich F.

Sep 4, 2009
Should i get serial biller???? Ellusionist makes it look really good, but they do that with every product, and they're not all that great. So, I am willing to practice some, but i don't want anything thats too hard. Also, is it impromptu?? Thats my main question. Or, can i do it where if i was to set up and put the bill in my wallet or something, can i do the trick anytime when i want to? So if someone comes up and asks me to do a trick when i am unprepared, however might have this already set up {like a gaffed card in a deck} can i do it?

Thanks

Apr 1, 2009
California
Actually, all the effects do look as good as they do on the screen as they do in person. The most misleading fact is how practical the effect may be. But as with all effect in... the world. With the proper amount of work, you can make it look like it does on the screen.

On a side note, this should be in with Questions.

I do not own Serial Biller so I can not answer the rest of the questions. But I'm sure if you go to the Ellusionist forums and ask around you can get the answers that you are looking for. Rich Ferguson himself has been on there quite frequently answering everyone's questions. As well as just socializing on the forum. I'm sure if you send him a PM he'll be more than happy to answer your questions.

Sep 4, 2009
I know i can, and i've looked at the forums, but obviously rich is going to tell me to get, and probably becasue he really thinks i should, not just becasue he wants to make money. But i still want to hear it from other people if i should get it

Apr 1, 2009
California
You should be able to trust the artist to some degree. An artist most likely won't tell you that it is impromptu if it's not. I'm sure he'll let you know the details as far as preparation and such, without giving anything away. If you're waiting for a review, I'd suggest waiting a little longer then, it did just come out two days ago, so you have to keep in mind shipping.

Sep 1, 2007
Pasadena-->Mexico
Should i get serial biller???? Ellusionist makes it look really good, but they do that with every product, and they're not all that great. So, I am willing to practice some, but i don't want anything thats too hard. Also, is it impromptu?? Thats my main question. Or, can i do it where if i was to set up and put the bill in my wallet or something, can i do the trick anytime when i want to? So if someone comes up and asks me to do a trick when i am unprepared, however might have this already set up {like a gaffed card in a deck} can i do it?

Thanks

Do you own FRAUD by Daniel Garcia??

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I recently picked up Serial Biller and it's a great effect...very great.

It contains many switches, the set-up, the torn and restored bill, the bill to fruit and even an effect will the bill is torn or burnt and reappears inside the spectator's wallet.

Inferno | Kaiser

Jan 16, 2008
So you have to waste a few dollars EVERY TIME you perform this trick?....ouch.
I was thinking: can this be done with any slip of paper? perhaps with a signature at the bottom corner, like the Serial code, to make it unique? Then I wouldnt' have to tear money, and still have the same effect

Thanks!

::dAvid

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
So you have to waste a few dollars EVERY TIME you perform this trick?....ouch.

Thanks!

::dAvid

Not necessarily.

If wanting to perform the "Torn and Restored Bill" yeah you must "waste" a dollar to perform this, but it's worth it, and any way you can just tape the pieces back together.

If performing the "Serial Number Vanish" or the "Bill Back to Spectator's Wallet" you don't need to waste any dollars.

Inferno | Kaiser

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
I was thinking: can this be done with any slip of paper? perhaps with a signature at the bottom corner, like the Serial code, to make it unique? Then I wouldnt' have to tear money, and still have the same effect

sure the effect would be the same, but the impact wouldn't be. There's a BIG difference in your spec's minds between you tearing up a simple piece of paper (why would they care ?) and you tearing up the money they just took out of their wallet ! You know what I mean ?

Sep 19, 2007
Australia
sure the effect would be the same, but the impact wouldn't be. There's a BIG difference in your spec's minds between you tearing up a simple piece of paper (why would they care ?) and you tearing up the money they just took out of their wallet ! You know what I mean ?

and to add to that, there is also another BIG difference between the bill and a simple piece of paper - SERIAL number. It plays a huge part in this effect.

I've managed to hold off ultrasmoke 2000 until now (or should i say Friday the 9th of Oct). One can only imagine how much ultrasmoke will enhance/improve the effect ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
mmm... does it work with Euros??

"As long as the bill has a distinct serial number (which we think they all do), you should be okay. As long as the bill can be ripped you should be okay. I know that You have to jump up to 100 pesos (about $10 US) to be able to rip it. Some money is difficult to tear believe it or not. New Zealand, I think, has plastic money."

Inferno Kaiser

I personally gave in and purchased the DVD for the sake of learning various switches and body loads, etc. Unfortunately, there wasn't much of that to quench my appetite so I'll be selling my copy to anyone interested. There really isn't anything new on the video at all. The basic method to duplicating a serial number has been explored by various magicians already; I would personally recommend The Richard Sanders Show to learn more about this effect as well as a multitude of other hard-hitting close-up magic plots. The methods to duplicating the serial number are only very slightly different but are fundamentally identical.

I found there was a significant amount of filler on the DVD. It was unforutnate; I thought Rich Ferguson's Tagged was a stellar effect with various applications. In my opinion, Serial Biller didn't meet up to that standard.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results