Shin Lim on AGT

Sep 18, 2017
Did you guys see his performance on AGT?

He really does perform beautiful routines. Great to see someone showing a really great performance with amazing effects.. showing how you can take any tricks and using performance, make them really stand out!

I hope he makes it far in AGT!

Reactions: DantetheMante
Sep 18, 2017
He’s a professional magician, I’ve always thought those shows should be for people who want to become professional entertainers. I too want to see him go far, but I would rather see a “nobody “ get some accolades. Just my opinion.

I hear your point...

I was just saying how he took the concept of card magic and made it really beautiful. All his acts are like that. Shows importance of performance as opposed to just plain skills and nice tricks. They had Jimmy Ichihana who performed really great tricks, but they all found it really boring and bland.

They didnt just like Shin for the trick, but for the whole presentation!

Reactions: Peter Slim

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I think Shin is one of the most skilled magicians on the planet. Beautiful visuals.

But no meaning.

This was essentially an ACR. A beautiful, well constructed ACR - but none the less. Eye candy.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Sep 10, 2017
He takes a concept, adds his own flare to it, then performs it in such a way that it isnt called card magic. I mean like it uses cards but i dont consider that to be a branch of card magic. And he performs every move with such skill that it comes close to perfection. I personally dont like stage magic, but his take on it is truly remarkable.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I should clarify, because I don't want it to seem like I'm putting him down at all.

He's extremely good at what he does. It's just that I, personally, don't particularly care for it.

Reactions: Peter Slim
Jan 2, 2016
California
I think Shin is one of the most skilled magicians on the planet. Beautiful visuals.

But no meaning.

This was essentially an ACR. A beautiful, well constructed ACR - but none the less. Eye candy.
Eye candy tends to work best on AGT it seems. Look at how popular Will Tsai's audition got.

I personally find mentalism and mental magic type effects to be much more hard hitting in person but when you do it on TV, people accuse you of prearranging things so it makes sense.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results