Should be getting my blue & red Wynns soon...

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Yeay :)

Projected shipment date is this Thursday, but been tracking it, and it's on route.

HOPEFULLY I'll get them sooner, and I'll post a review comparing it to the Brown deck.

One little thing I've noticed, if you pick up about half of the cards in the brown deck (using a biddle grip) the bottom half will stay stuck on for almost a second. Is that because of the finish on the cards? (Cambric finish) It's like a suction. I'm not sure if this happens with new bikes too, haven't tried. The older the bikes, the longer the "stick time".

Maybe this is a way of testing how good a deck is for flourishing with packets.

D

Deleted member 2755

Yeay :)

Projected shipment date is this Thursday, but been tracking it, and it's on route.

HOPEFULLY I'll get them sooner, and I'll post a review comparing it to the Brown deck.

One little thing I've noticed, if you pick up about half of the cards in the brown deck (using a biddle grip) the bottom half will stay stuck on for almost a second. Is that because of the finish on the cards? (Cambric finish) It's like a suction. I'm not sure if this happens with new bikes too, haven't tried. The older the bikes, the longer the "stick time".

Maybe this is a way of testing how good a deck is for flourishing with packets.

Enjoy your Wynns. :) I haven't gotten any yet, but hopefully I should in the near future when I get some money. Right now I'm saving up for a few things from Theory 11. When Control comes out, I am going to have a rather large order on my hands. I plan on ordering: Control, TnR, Distortion, and Volume 2 from Trilogy. After that, I will have a TON of material to perfect before buying anything new. I don't want to buy brown Wynns because when they are gone and all of mine are worn... they are gone forever. :( As for blue and red, I think they look very nice anyway so I will most likely pick up a dozen of those. Then I'll be saving my money for a little while for other things than magic. I am already working on perfecting material I already own. :D

I have heard that the cards basically stick together like "duck tape". I assume it is because of the finish. That is what makes these cards awesome for flourishing (so I understand).

Anyway, enjoy your brown Wynns now and enjoy your red and blue Wynns in a few days.

-Doug

Nov 25, 2007
UK
I've noticed the suction thing before. I think its because a small vacuum is created between the two cards when they are pressed together because the air is forced out from between them. When you pick up the top half, the weight of the bottom half of the pack acting down creates small airpockets between the packets, which grow until the vacuum is too small to hold the packs together and they come apart.

Enjoy your Wynns!

Sep 9, 2007
phil, i ordered some too. lemme know when yours come, hopefully mine will come around the same time.

who did you order from?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results