"Show me that again!"

Oct 6, 2007
hey i have a question about the audience. what do you (as a magician) do or say if someone said "show me that trick again" i just want thought and opinions haha and "NOOO!*and running away*" is taken lol but tel me what you guys do think or say.

Oct 25, 2007
For years I have simply said.. "One of the codes of a magician is to never do the same thing twice for the same audience."
Or just say..."Wait,Let me show show you this" Then just move into another effect. Dont let them linger on that request... control the audience.. remember.. YOU are the magician and YOU are in control! Be subtle, be calm, but be in control!
I normally have no problems after i say one of those 2 things and just move on something else.

Sep 1, 2007
Try this. Do it again, only switch the mothod. So do a pass instead of a double lift to get the card on top.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Say BEFORE you perform

"I'm only going to show you this once so watch closely"

Put emphasis on once

or

"this is the only time your gonna be seeing this" (playfully)

Something along those lines, it works for me.

Oct 17, 2007
I still like the NOOOO!!! and running away idea... lol as an almost high school grad, it works like this "I'll show it to you again if you can catch me" haha. I do, however, like the "second ones gonna charge you method" great idea... Why didn't I think of that?:confused:

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I like the planning before hand and saying "I'm only going to do it once so watch closely." But I usually get away with, I only do tricks once.

Sep 2, 2007
You could always say "No, I don't do requests." However, "I'll show you something better" works as well.

Moreover, you could say "Magic is art -- would you ask Leonardo Da Vinci to paint the 'Mona Lisa' again?"

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, I got two of those very familiar questions last night actually. I got "you have to do that again, please do it again" and "can i shuffle the cards?" I simply responded to the "please do that again" with: "you know what, I'll show you another trick that I've been working on, its pretty cool, I think you guys will like it" and just keep going. Its kind of like ignoring the question, but you are just moving along with the show (nobody said that anymore after that). to the "can I shuffle the cards?" I just said: "its going to cost you extra" the lady actually said "whatever it takes" and to that, another audience member came up to defend me and said "hey, let him do the magic, you may take the magic away from the cards" Which I thought was awesome. The lady did not say anything any more, and this was after I did a series of tricks.

Sep 2, 2007
Say.......First time is free but the second you have to pay me..........name your price.

That won;t work for me. I charge 25 cents for a trick. and if I say 'price doubles every time I do it' I'd be doing it two- three times for some people!

Sep 8, 2007
www.youtube.com
What i do is i usually start my routine with here then there and blow them away. Then I say "here let my do it again" Then i do 2 card monte with 2 random cards and they change to jokers.

L

Liam Carrie

If someone says how do you do that i like to go with the "Very well dont you think?" or if they say can you do that again? would be replied with " The question is Can YOU do it again"

Oct 18, 2007
Usually I'll do it once more when it's friends, but if it's just someone who obviously wants to try and catch me I'll reassure them that what they saw really did happen then maybe break off into a different trick. (0_o)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results