Sick: by Ponta the Smith

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
The first ever Ponta the Smith coin DVD (on sale in Japan now):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u_5834RGo
for purchase here:
https://www.frenchdrop.com/detail?id=2404

First of all, this DVD is only on sale in Japan at the moment, but apparently will be released in the states next month.

This DVD will do one of two things (other then blow your freaking mind away). This DVD will either strengthen your love for coin magic, or create in you a newly found desire to master coins.

Ponta the Smith is a magician from Osaka Japan, and in this DVD, he takes you through his handlings of some of the best coin routines around.

Trick included: Spellbound, One Coin Routine, Tenkai Pennies, 3 Coins Across, Vanish, 3 Fly, Winged Silver, Matrix, Backfire Matrix, Quick Matrix, Backfire Assembly.

Teaching: The teaching is done silently with only a few little comments in text on the screen. This DVD assumes you are already an intermediate coin user and is not for the feint of heart, as some of the sleights are extremely challenging. He demonstrates each routine at normal speed from the front and the back, and takes you through each phase slowly from a behind point of view. Although at some points you may want some vocal instruction, as it is a coin DVD, the visuals are more than enough.

Difficulty: Yeah... you will have your hands full with this one (muhahaha, funny pun). This is not a "practice for 1 hour and you got it" DVD. Although, strive to be as smooth as Ponta the Smith, and it will keep you motivated no doubt.

Overall: This DVD will provide you with enough material to practice for years, and once you are able to adequately master of some these routines, you will be set with practical routines that can be done in various types of shows/ gigs/ etc...

Anyway, enough of this product review. As my DVD arrived in the mail today, I am going to get back to watching it and practicing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 24, 2007
AHAHAHAHAHHAAH! I literally laughed out loud as I read the review, from happiness. PONTA THE SMITH released a Dvd? And here there are people who think he's fake! That he achieves his smoothness and incredibility through clever video editing! I think this is what a lot of people have been waiting for. Nice review.

Sep 1, 2007
The first ever Ponta the Smith coin DVD (on sale in Japan now):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u_5834RGo
for purchase here:
https://www.frenchdrop.com/detail?id=2404

First of all, this DVD is only on sale in Japan at the moment, but apparently will be released in the states next month.

This DVD will do one of two things (other then blow your freaking mind away). This DVD will either strengthen your love for coin magic, or create in you a newly found desire to master coins.

Ponta the Smith is a magician from Osaka Japan, and in this DVD, he takes you through his handlings of some of the best coin routines around.

Trick included: Spellbound, One Coin Routine, Tenkai Pennies, 3 Coins Across, Vanish, 3 Fly, Winged Silver, Matrix, Backfire Matrix, Quick Matrix, Backfire Assembly.

Teaching: The teaching is done silently with only a few little comments in text on the screen. This DVD assumes you are already an intermediate coin user and is not for the feint of heart, as some of the sleights are extremely challenging. He demonstrates each routine at normal speed from the front and the back, and takes you through each phase slowly from a behind point of view. Although at some points you may want some vocal instruction, as it is a coin DVD, the visuals are more than enough.

Difficulty: Yeah... you will have your hands full with this one (muhahaha, funny pun). This is not a "practice for 1 hour and you got it" DVD. Although, strive to be as smooth as Ponta the Smith, and it will keep you motivated no doubt.

Overall: This DVD will provide you with enough material to practice for years, and once you are able to adequately master of some these routines, you will be set with practical routines that can be done in various types of shows/ gigs/ etc...

Anyway, enough of this product review. As my DVD arrived in the mail today, I am going to get back to watching it and practicing.

This coin DVD is going to be so badazz. Ponta is like the Ascanio for coins, so smooth!

Aug 5, 2008
Teaching: The teaching is done silently with only a few little comments in text on the screen.

I am interested in purchasing the DVD, but I'm curious as to what language the on-screen text would be in. Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 22, 2009
Its a visual dvd. No text and no talking. Just watching him teach you extremely bada$$ coin magic.

This dude is legend.

Sep 4, 2007
Its a visual dvd. No text and no talking. Just watching him teach you extremely bada$$ coin magic.

This dude is legend.

There is occasional text to help you with some finger placements and some moves. Overall a great dvd with some beautiful and elegant routines.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results