Signature changes cards or Signing two cards

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I had an idea that I'll test later, it allows you to have a spectator freely sign a card, and you move the signature to a different card. Everything is examinable.

Wooo hooo!!!!

You go! I've been wrestling with this idea for months and haven't come up with a viable way of doing it.....

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Fatal by d+M, one of my favourite tricks to perform, and I use it regularly, it is in the Lecture Notes 'One'.

Also, the first effect on the Army of 52 DVD, (I believe they just call it "Stranger Card"), I'm not recommending this product (or the gaff deck) or doing the opposite, just informing you that its there.

That one is a color change. The back of the card changes from blue to red (or whatever to whatever), the front of the card is signed though and does not change suit or value.

I just got the idea, but I don't have the stuff I need for the gimmick. I also don't know if it will work. Some info:
1). Need to make a new gimmick each time. (Easy, only 2 materials and some cards.)
2). All materials (there are like two) should be household, and if not, easy to obtain.
3). Not only can you change the signature, you can use it to create signed dupes.
4). Can move the signature from front of the card to the back, and if you want to, back to the front again.
5). Simple sleights a good magician will already know.
Hopefully the trick will work, because if it does, it will be revolutionary.

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I just got the idea, but I don't have the stuff I need for the gimmick. I also don't know if it will work. Some info:
1). Need to make a new gimmick each time. (Easy, only 2 materials and some cards.)
2). All materials (there are like two) should be household, and if not, easy to obtain.
3). Not only can you change the signature, you can use it to create signed dupes.
4). Can move the signature from front of the card to the back, and if you want to, back to the front again.
5). Simple sleights a good magician will already know.
Hopefully the trick will work, because if it does, it will be revolutionary.

if you can actually pull that off.. i will definitely high 5 you.

I bet I can. I've worked on it. Now, there's only 1 material. You'll probably have it, and if you don't, you can buy it easily. I still don't have the stuff, and I'm going on vacation tomorrow. If it owrks, I'm gonna try and submit it to somewhere. Any sugggestions on where to submit it? I was thinking Penguin.

I bet I can. I've worked on it. Now, there's only 1 material. You'll probably have it, and if you don't, you can buy it easily. I still don't have the stuff, and I'm going on vacation tomorrow. If it owrks, I'm gonna try and submit it to somewhere. Any sugggestions on where to submit it? I was thinking Penguin.

For a trick you just created and have not put years of performance, work and effort into it... penguin is probably correct.

Dec 30, 2007
Yeah, I came up with a gimmickless, impromptu method where a signature can go anywhere (even a billboard in Times Square) and you can shrink or enlarge the signature or duplicate.

P.S. I don't have a digi cam, sry
P.P.S I haven't performed it before so no one knows about it except me.

[/sarc]

Seriously, you guys can talk all you want, but until there's a video (even one that's edited for "the misdirection that would be in the performance) of one of these methods, then your words don't mean anything. So get to those camcorders and show us something! Especially you, Hijacked, this sounds interesting.

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, I came up with a gimmickless, impromptu method where a signature can go anywhere (even a billboard in Times Square) and you can shrink or enlarge the signature or duplicate.

P.S. I don't have a digi cam, sry
P.P.S I haven't performed it before so no one knows about it except me.

[/sarc]

Seriously, you guys can talk all you want, but until there's a video (even one that's edited for "the misdirection that would be in the performance) of one of these methods, then your words don't mean anything. So get to those camcorders and show us something! Especially you, Hijacked, this sounds interesting.

agreed. the card college 5 method works, but it's just a little bit too suspicious. i would really like to see these methods that you guys have.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
I have a great idea for a trick like that. Its a mix of Japanese magic and something I found. Pretty easy gimmick to make. I'm
Check your inbox jimmah01.

Mar 30, 2008
Fatal by d+M, one of my favourite tricks to perform, and I use it regularly, it is in the Lecture Notes 'One'.

Yes, Fatal is THE best effect by D+M. I'm surprised that a whole set of notes wasn't made just for this trick, by the reactions it gets. Here is the effect:

The performer takes a blue card out of is wallet & places it on the surface without revealing it‟s value. The card has a
signature on the back of it. He then introduces a red deck & asks for a number between 1 & 30. He counts down to
that number & shows the card which the spectator is then asked to sign. The signed card is removed from the deck
& placed facedown on the surface. The blue card is shown to be of the same shape & size, the only difference being
the color & the signature.
The deck is placed aside & the spectators' card is dropped on top of the deck. The performer then turns over the
card, their signed card his gone. He then continues to turn more cards face up, & eventually the whole deck, to reveal
their card really has gone. He then invites the spectator to turn over the Blue card which is revealed to be their card
with their signature on.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results