Silver Dollars or Half Dollars?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
which do you use?

I've tried working with Silver Dollars but could never get my hands to look natural enough or to palm things properly with them.

Jul 8, 2008
I think it personally looks better to use silver dollars because in smaller hands such as my own, bigger coins seem more impossible. For any sceptic int he aduience, they won't even think of my being able to hold coins in my hand secretly because of how big they are. I usually use silver dollars when it is out of the hands, on the contrary, if you are doing in the hands work, you need to use halves because some people might not be able to comfortable hold a silver dollar in their hands.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The other thing is that Silver Dollars are generally more visual and easier to see than halves. I have pretty decently sized hands but couldn't get them to palm the coins properly (besides maybe a finger palm..Which is the easiest to master.). But once I tried to pick up another object or a coin, then all bets were off.

Tho I suppose I'll try to work with bigger coins as time goes on.

Dec 4, 2008
I use whichever coins I have available to me. If I am caught off guard I can use quarters. If not I tend to use half dollars, but there are many times when I use large coins such as a Morgan dollar. I don't care which coins I use because I have practiced with coins of many sizes. I do really like the Morgan Dollar coin because it is very visible throughout any of my routines, but to me any coin is fine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results