Small hands

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Hi everyone. I own both the System and the Trilogy and I find it difficult to do some flourishes with small hands. So far, I have only learnt Genesis,The Werm and the Carnahan Fan.

Can someone more experienced in flourishing tell me which flourishes are easier to do with small hands? Thanks alot.

Mar 2, 2008
I compared hand size to anther magicain who is alot older then me and his hands are very close to my hand size (witch is small) and he can still do alot of one hand cuts shuffles and other florishes such as cradle to grave. So try to find slightly differnt ways so you can still florish.

May 26, 2008
New Mexico
yea i have small hands and yet i manage to play the saxophone, do complex flourishes and have good finger dexterity and all i do is strech my fingers

Jun 9, 2008
I have tiny hands and am havin a problem too.

When I say tiny I mean my girlfriend is 5'2" and has bigger hands than me. seriously! Stretching will help but there are limitations. Stretching will only increase the distance between fingers, not the length of the fingers themselves. Thats what I have a hard time with. It's a stretch but I can hold the deck lengthwise between my first and ring finger, but when it comes to doing a simple charlier I can't keep my middle finger and thumb touching. No amount of stretching in the world will help that. It's not that I can't do a charlier cause I can. I just have to rely on a little balance. It is frustrating but what can ya do? You can work around certain things and others will just be virtually impossible.

Jun 27, 2008
CASEACE79, I know exactly what you talking about.

I too can't touch my thumb with the other fingers, if I try to grap around the deck.
So far, what I have experienced is, that I often have to come up with some minor tweak or modification to the mechanics, in order to be able to perform the move. But that is of course not always the easiest when you want to stay true to the effect.

If someone have a solution to the fingerss being short, please let me know :)

SimSiggaard

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results