SMOKE into Card Routines

Jan 9, 2011
I have not yet gotten my SMOKE gimmick but being heavy in card close-up magic I was wondering if any of you had an idea of how to truly utilize the idea of smoke from the mouth into a card routine? I thought it would be a lot easier to think of revelations with smoke but now thinking of them, most of the revelations have an illogical connection to smoke other than "cool".

Besides Card in mouth, or card to mouth in an ACR, how would you guys embrace this gimmick?

Sep 1, 2007
USA
I'm sure as long as you have a spectator sign a card, it shouldn't be difficult to incorporate it in.

Mar 21, 2010
The Earth
I'd say if you know a shoulder high change, such as the Bob Change by Kevin Ho, you incorporate the smoke in the change to give it a mystical effect.

Jan 9, 2011
I'd say if you know a shoulder high change, such as the Bob Change by Kevin Ho, you incorporate the smoke in the change to give it a mystical effect.

See that's getting a little closer. The whole idea of having signed cards or color changes isn't the problem. My troubles are directed towards getting it organic into the routine. Bringing your head close to their hands despite the cool smoke seems a bit weird or unjustified. Either that or maybe I'm just overthinking this and should just see how it works on spectators.

The only thing I have that is half way organic is doing a switch into their card and holding the card up to eye level while creating a time lapse so that having the card up there is more acceptable and then blowing smoke.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results