Something pretty cool happened!

May 3, 2017
I normally hang out at our Barnes and Noble but tonight I decided to try the new Krispy Kreme Doughnuts that opened here last year. This place is pretty nice. Plenty of plug ins and each 110 plug has TWO usb ports on them as well!

I got a nice cup of coffee and sat at a table to practice some things. For me, it is hard to find a table that is at the right height after sitting at it for cards but these were just perfect! Very comfortable. So I pull out my little close up pad and start playing with some cards.
Nice and quiet and nobody but the employees were there.

Then, out of nowhere a bus load of cheerleaders came into the store! (this is a college town) Well, there goes my peace and quiet I thought to my self. LOL. "OMG! Can you do card tricks?" one asked me. So I turned to the adult that was with them and said...."HERE, HOLD THIS!" and handed her my coffee! I just felt a tiny bit cocky! lol

I found myself doing things I had not done in years. One or two I had forgotten I knew lol. It was JOHNNY ON THE SPOT and had no time to be nervous. All I knew was that I was feeling good and they LOOKED good! HAHAHA

I stopped after about 20 minutes and quiet a few of them wanted to take their pics with me. They are supposed to send them to me through FB as to I do not carry a smart phone with me lol.

The bus driver proceeded to tell them it was time to go and they quickly left and I sat back down. After about a minute, the bus driver came back in and said " I have to know....how did you get the knife to change color and go through your pants into your pocket?" I always carry my Scotty York CCKnives and I had no idea he was in there for that routine.

I have to say, it felt really good! You just never know what will pop up when you are a magician!

Just thought I would share the story with you folks here.

Have a great night!!

Scott

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
I normally hang out at our Barnes and Noble but tonight I decided to try the new Krispy Kreme Doughnuts that opened here last year. This place is pretty nice. Plenty of plug ins and each 110 plug has TWO usb ports on them as well!

I got a nice cup of coffee and sat at a table to practice some things. For me, it is hard to find a table that is at the right height after sitting at it for cards but these were just perfect! Very comfortable. So I pull out my little close up pad and start playing with some cards.
Nice and quiet and nobody but the employees were there.

Then, out of nowhere a bus load of cheerleaders came into the store! (this is a college town) Well, there goes my peace and quiet I thought to my self. LOL. "OMG! Can you do card tricks?" one asked me. So I turned to the adult that was with them and said...."HERE, HOLD THIS!" and handed her my coffee! I just felt a tiny bit cocky! lol

I found myself doing things I had not done in years. One or two I had forgotten I knew lol. It was JOHNNY ON THE SPOT and had no time to be nervous. All I knew was that I was feeling good and they LOOKED good! HAHAHA

I stopped after about 20 minutes and quiet a few of them wanted to take their pics with me. They are supposed to send them to me through FB as to I do not carry a smart phone with me lol.

The bus driver proceeded to tell them it was time to go and they quickly left and I sat back down. After about a minute, the bus driver came back in and said " I have to know....how did you get the knife to change color and go through your pants into your pocket?" I always carry my Scotty York CCKnives and I had no idea he was in there for that routine.

I have to say, it felt really good! You just never know what will pop up when you are a magician!

Just thought I would share the story with you folks here.

Have a great night!!

Scott
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy these stories.

Oct 19, 2015
Bogie,
Great Story! You have to love it!
...And exactly what is the address of that Krispy Kreme and exactly what day of the week was it, what time was it?

I think I need to try and have a similar experience.....my Magic is not as good as yours, but I would equally enjoy the experience....SMILE!

Reactions: 010rusty
May 3, 2017
Timewise64........Up until around January of this year, the only magic trick I had done for almost 20 years was my color changing knife routine hence I have been playing catch up in the world of magic. So I am sure you got plenty newer and better chops than I lol.

I will be going back tonight to hang out with a book. They actually told me "You are more than welcome to hang out here anytime." Which is great because my wife works till 10:30pm and they are open till 10 lol.

They told me they were the only K K in the country built like this. All the others are setup old style. WIFI is great! Who knows, maybe I can get a few cards on the ceiling in this place as well! lol

Oct 9, 2015
Colorado
Something Similar happend too me back in March , im a Junior is HS and i got asked by this guy i was sitting with in the library to do magic ( it was him and 2 other girls) i didn TNR Transpo by the one and only David Williamson , theese other 2 girls ( who were both pretty cute) started watching , they were both soccer players and dressed up really bice bc of game day , i got this one girl too come over and started doing ACR for her ( and she has a boyfriend) but she looked like she was gonna take me to 2nd base , pretty soon i had about 8 people watching me and this one girl , i finished up and stuff , but man it was a rush , so crazy

Reactions: bogie

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
A few months ago, our school made us do these standardized math and english tests on the laptops. On the last day of testing, basically everyone had finished an hour early. So I took out my cards to practice and the kid next to me, who knew I did magic, said "got any cool tricks". I think I did an ACR for him and he freaked out and asked me to show his friend. I did another card trick and then more people were looking. Within a few minutes, I had even caught the teacher's attention and was basically performing magic for the class. That was pretty fun.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results