Spectator Signing Cards

Mar 31, 2017
I would love to allow the spectator to sign the card that they select, but I don't like ruining all of my decks of cards. Is there anyway I could allow them to sign their card without ruining my deck of cards? I have tried using tape, but I don't think it looks professional. Does anybody have any other ideas that look a little more clean and professional? Because I hate carrying around a roll of tape.

Dtop

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2019
If you use bycicle prestige cards for them to sign and to preform the trick with you can remove the sharpie(or other gel pen) from the card with a Clorox wipe. Something in the wipes makes it really easy to remove the sharpie and the prestige cards won’t get soggy from the Clorox wipe. Hope this helps!

Jan 19, 2019
I don't think there is a way around it. If a spectator signs a card they should keep it as a souvenir which leaves the magician one less card in the deck. Even though the deck doesn't have all 52 cards, it is a sacrifice for the craft and the spectator's experience.

About a year ago I did some magic at a homecoming dance and I had a girl sign a card for "Here then There." She was blown away and I let her keep her signed card, and she brought some of her friends for me to perform for resulting in more performances throughout the night. Three weeks later I saw that she kept her signed card in her PHONE CASE!!! To the best of my knowledge she still has her signed card in her possession.
Hailey Ames signed card 5.jpg

My best suggestion for @davider7396 would be to use Bicycle decks and have the spectator sign their card and keep it, then use the deck for signed card tricks until the deck is about 45-40 cards thick and then switch to a new Bicycle because they are affordable. If you can't afford going through signed cards then don't do signed card tricks until you can afford to replace decks.

Reactions: obrienmagic

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I think that newer magicians tend to want to have a card signed for every effect. It's not necessary. There are other ways to demonstrate that there are no duplicates in the deck (e.g. fanning or spreading the cards). For an audience member to sign a card, there should be a reason. If you are doing a simplistic pick-a-card / lose-the-card-in-the-deck / find-the-card trick, a signature is unnecessary. Even in an ambitious card routine, it isn't necessary. As @spencerelvis said, the best reason is to give it as a souvenir.

Reactions: johnny wizz
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results