Speed of cuts

Oct 28, 2009
Well, while I was looking around on the internet, i saw that some people do cuts as fast as they can,some do them really slow,some do them in middle speed,so you can actually see what's happening and stop the cutting when they do something special(when u got like 5+ pockets in your hands,strange hand posison and so on) and i think this way is the best,but i still want to know,witch one is the most usefull,as well as i want to know what to do when your doing cuts- shuld i move and show observers the faces of the cards,or head on ,so they'd see the edges of the cards,how shuld i move when doing arial cuts....:D
So,any discussion or tip can be usefull....:p
OH,and anyone knows any DVD that has more advanced cuts in it?
like..more advanced then D+M or D&D...;)

For me, it depends on the flourish I'm doing. Some of my own flourishes I do at different speeds basically because I find it fits more with the style of flourish. As for body movement and hand movement, watch yourself in the mirror and see what angle makes the flourish most impressive.
I know for a fact that it can make a big difference, 2 flourishes I do (just thinking off the top of my head) you can't see anything at all from a certain angle. It's mainly up to you, and experimenting with what you think looks the best

-RA69

Jul 14, 2008
Good question. I usually make cardistry fast as they can. However, if I am learning new materials, I start off very slow because you want to add the smoothness to the cut, right? Take Dan and Dave, and Jordan Lapping, for example, their cuts are so flawless and it took them a large amount of time to get smooth.

So yes, smoothness will build up speed and the cut itself will look elegant to laymen.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results