Spooked by Nicholas Einhorn

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
I have had this trick for the last couple of months now and I thought you know what I'm going to give this bad boy a review.

Effect: From a borrowed deck a card is freely chosen and returned. The deck is isolated on the floor, away from the magician. Under complete control the deck begins to cut itself to a card in the center. Its to be the selection. Everything can be handed out for immediate examination. I have never ever performed such a beautiful haunted deck in my life. I've never liked that I've had to usually hold the deck in my hand before. With this though you have the deck on the floor about a feet away from you. 10/10

The DVD is very nice and simple. Very organized nothing to flashy.10/10

Teaching: Nicholas Einhorn is a fantastic teacher. He makes sure he goes over every single move over and over again. 10/10

Method: The Method is brlliant. He was able to take such normal everyday movements and add them to this trick to make everything so natural and pure. Now there is a gimmick involved with this trick. And you do get it included and it is probably one of the widely available gimmicks on the market and most magicians may already have it. Though the one included is probably thee best I have ever used. The quality is top notch and I doubt I'll ever have to replace it. 9/10

Final thoughts: Now there is one more downside to this trick. Its 100 dollars.And I know thats alot of money to spend on a haunted deck but in my opinion you will never ever look at another haunted deck ever you try out NIcholas Einhorns version of the haunted deck. Heck its so good Cyril Takayama performed it on one of his magic specials. Overall this trick gets a 9.5.

I totally agree

that was a great review, I have to admit that this is one of my main kick ass effects in my aresenal. I originally learned it from Micheal Berends after we messed around with some loop stuff. I checked out the vid for some other pointers and found that I didn't like his method of the wrist strap. Instead I took a black gym sock and cut off the bottom only leaving a bit of elastic, like an emo wrist band type set up, and sewed the thread boss to that.

Recently my friend Andrew Gerard shared with me some of his personal insights and gave me the right to do it his way and man let me say that this has got to be one of the STRONGEST effects ever created, there are so many possibilities to present it. 10/10 from me!

Sep 3, 2007
Wow. I know this is a new and pretty liberal forum but jeeze, this is close to revealing. ANYWAYS. The original method is very practical and doesn't limit you to changing the positioning of the main gimmick to other parts of your wardrobe (under collar, belt/waist level, under button down shirt, etc.). It's easier to put on and off as well.

Sep 1, 2007
spooked

this trick is so awesome i do it all the time way better than haunted deck with loops and also when i use this effect i do shadow card which is really amazing cause you actually see your shadow cut the deck and flick the card out

shadow magic rules !!!!

i rate this very high

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
that was a great review, I have to admit that this is one of my main kick ass effects in my aresenal. I originally learned it from Micheal Berends after we messed around with some loop stuff. I checked out the vid for some other pointers and found that I didn't like his method of the wrist strap. Instead I took a black gym sock and cut off the bottom only leaving a bit of elastic, like an emo wrist band type set up, and sewed the thread boss to that.

Recently my friend Andrew Gerard shared with me some of his personal insights and gave me the right to do it his way and man let me say that this has got to be one of the STRONGEST effects ever created, there are so many possibilities to present it. 10/10 from me!
I apperciate it but your just a wee bit close to exposure mate. Other then that thanks I appericate it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results