Spread cull at the beginning of the spread

Feb 6, 2021
Hi! I'm having trouble culling let's say the third card of the spread. I can do a proper cull in the middle of the spread, but if the card I need to cull is located at the very beginning (first four cards) of the spread, I don't know how to cull it so that audience wouldn't see. Any tips? Thanks!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
If you are doing a face up spread, wanting the third card to go to the bottom of the face up deck -- just break the spread after the third card as you look up and say something to the audience. Then continue the spread moving the whole three card packet beneath the spread.

If you are doing a face down spread, wanting the third card to go to to top of the face down deck - catch a break under the third card and do a triple turnover OR spread off the first two cards, say something to the audience and then move the two card packet beneath the spread.

EricR5

Elite Member
Jul 18, 2015
They should be paying attention to what you say, not your hands. After getting the card where you want it, do some additional shuffling to give time delay. Nothing is as obvious as a magician thinks.

Reactions: JacobJ2

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
That is a good tip, but still pretty obvious move I think if someone is paying attention

The key is to not think of it as a move. You just start a spread, interrupt yourself with a thought that causes you to relax and move your hands a couple of inches apart and then your resume the spread. If you want to add a layer of discrepant deception, pull the third card under the packet (away from the rest of the deck) with your middle finger and push the top card the other direction (toward the rest of the deck) as the spread separates just enough to continue the spread with the top card of the deck going above the top card of the now reverse spread packet.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results