Stars of magic question

Jan 30, 2011
I was wondering if the coin magic inside of the book is good to start with, or if it needs a previous knowledge of sleights? I'm a card magician and want to try to start other types as well. Any help is appreciated.

Sep 6, 2010
You will need a basic understanding of sleights to do the routines in the book. I would suggest getting Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo; it is a fantastic book on coin magic.

Stars of Magic is one of my favorite books. I would not suggest buying it ONLY for the coin stuff included in it though. There is an abundance of other great effects that use cards, sugar cubes, matches, handkerchiefs, ect... I would definitely buy it.

So to sum it up, get Modern Coin Magic as in introduction to coin magic. If you already do a lot of card magic, Stars of Magic would be a great investment.

Jan 30, 2011
thank you very much. i do a lot of card magic. It's all i do right now. so i was looking into getting the book for everything inside it. card coins and normal objects. Would you happen to know where i could get both books in the same place?

Jan 30, 2011
If you get JB Bobo's book you are probably going to get bored reading it, but it's stuff you gotta know if you want to do coin work.

I'm sure it's worth it. I don't mind dry reads. Especially about something interesting and I had been suggested to read Bobo's by a few people after i'd asked whats best to start out with.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results